Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Recommendation for a Jazz Mandolin

My Apitius J model fits the bill perfectly. plus his workmanship is top notch...
  2. From Tablature to Standard Music notation OH My

Well after several years of nothing but Tab I finally bought a fiddle and had
    no choice but to start to learn to read music. Since taking my fiddle lesson and starting
    to understand all the symbols...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: A string breaking...often

I have a Blueridge 70 t tuned to GDAE, it requires a string change but you wll love the
    tone you get from that tuning. Enjoy and good luck

Keith
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Apitius Mandolins

I would have already snatch it but oops wrong side :redface:
  5. Re: String spacing for 6 string to tenor guitar modification

For Me I would have to say leave the Gibson be and buy a cheap Ibanez for 200.00 they sound nice mellow. I changed strings and the tension as
    the tenor strings sound flimsy tuned to GDAE
  6. Replies
    Views

Hi Brad
    glad to see you pulled the trigger with Oliver god he is good.
  7. Replies
    Views

HI Cobow18
    I have a J Model by Oliver, you will not be sorry waiting for his waitlist. It might seem long but if you dont think
    about the wait it is just a song away. I just had an email convo with...
  8. Replies
    Views

8 months in with my Apitius J Model

Ok I just realized that I have had my Model J for at least 8 months and thought I would
    share some thoughts/realizations. I dont profess to be a player but I like to play, so setting
    on my couch...
  9. Re: Open right hand to closed fist transition help

I started out playing banjo and learned to plant my pinky when I got my new mando I did not want to mar the finish so I am constantly battling the dreaded plant. I might have to start taping my pinky...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Apitius J Model just arrived

I just spent the last 5-6 hrs getting familiar with 'lucy for short" and I must say the I am blown away with the neck profile. My fingers just fell in place and never seemed to get in the way of each...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Apitius J Model just arrived

No! Looking at pics is kind of deceiving, the J model is the same size as the A
  12. Replies
    Views

Apitius J Model just arrived

Well I received My Apitius Model J this morning! After spend all morning watching for any indication of the slightest temperature increase I finally went and thru up:)) My tension lessened some and...
  13. Re: If money was no object, and perfect bluegrass tone was only g

Brad nice choice on both sides of the isle. I like my A end will eventually upgrade it but only once my girlfriend forgets about my Apitius J model. who knows how long that will take at our age month...
  14. Re: If money was no object, and perfect bluegrass tone was only g

Brad;
    Just a thought, I am on the end of My wait for Oliver to deliver my Mando. From the time I told him to expect my deposit to him telling me the it would ship the 12th of this month was one...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD - Apitius Classic

Here is My finished left handed Apitius. I just got these today also what a beauty..
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD - Apitius Classic

I am a huge fan of Oliver's.....I am getting my model j from him about the same time William Smith is getting his
    waiting is hard however, especially when you have instant gratification syndrome as...
  17. Replies
    Views

Apitius J Model

Hi All
    I just wanted to share a image of My Apitius J Model lefty in the progress of
    being built. For those who are not familiar with Oliver Apitius and his fantastic
    instruments here is a sweety...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: My new Apitius build

I ordered a Club Jazz from Oliver that will be here in July of next year. He is a fantastic
    Luther and I am excited.

Keith
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Your First Upgrade

My first mandolin was a Savanna what junk. Only took 3 weeks before I bought My Washburn A.
    Big difference and a whole lot better playability which I have had for a couple years. I just placed
    a...
  20. Replies
    Views

Apitius Mandolins

I remember looking at the magazine review of the J model Apitius. I have looked at
    his site numerous time and even emailed him with several emails. If you have not review his website you should. His...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Austin - where to go for music?

If you are going I would schedule a tour of Tom Ellis's shop. He is a really nice guy and a fantastic craftsman. It would be a visit
    that you would not regret.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: what would you do

I went to ebay and looked at every A washburn offered in every case each mandolin offered for less than 999.00 was what they considered a scratch and dent item. I have decided to keep it and take a...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: what would you do

My comment about not faulting him for not wanting to trade is not a big deal I was fully prepared to just keep my mandolin and buy one with out a trade. If they would have just said we don't take...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: the addiction...

I remind my better half that "NEED" never enters the equation...…..