Search:

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?

I have a pair of Breedloves: Legacy FF and Quartz FF. Both were made in Bend, OR, before Breedlove moved their mandolin manufacture to China. I bought both from Dennis Vance at the Mandolin Store...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Speakers/Monitors (no mando content)

I can't remember all the brand names but I'll try to tell you what we use.

First, we use a Sound Town rack/road case. We modified to include an light and two power strips inside. On top is a...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Grommets vs damper on tailpiece

Yeah and you wanna know why I've never done it? I don't know. It's one of those things you put off for weeks or even months (or years) But, finally, you do it in 5 minutes but still don't learn...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Slotting fingerboards

I do CNC router and laser work. First, the non-industrial routers and lasers are quite accurate and the routers could easily handle slotting fingerboards. That's a minor problem. I've never done...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando (and why to quit callin it that...)g

All the notes are sharp, aren't they?
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando (and why to quit callin it that...)g

I have two Gibby Mandos and that the first and last time you'll hear it like that from me. They're mandolins.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: What did you ask Santa to bring you?

A time machine to back up a little? 80 is on the horizon.
  8. Re: Tailpiece tines are bent upward: new tailpiece needed?

It ain't broke. Don't fix it.
  9. Thread: Metal saddle

by DHopkins
    Replies
    Views

Re: Metal saddle

Back in the late 50s, my father made one for his Slingerland Songster guitar. It sounded (still sounds) pretty good. I have the guitar now but I don't play it.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: How to sell an Antique Mandolin?

Great point
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Buff polymerized tung oil?

I used tung oil on most all the dulcimers i made in the past. It's been over 10 years since I made my last one. I buffed them with 0000 steel wool for a great finish.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Who is the female back up singer?

Daddy Buck White sings and plays mandolin with them. Sharon is married to Ricky Skaggs.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: sOliver mandolin arm rests

I know this is an old thread but I have to admit I have 3 of his arm rests: one on the Blevins octave, one on the Breedlove Quartz FF and one on the Gibson F5L. The workmanship is impeccable.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Willie Nelson’s Bluegrass Album

I've been a bluegrass fan since the 50s and a Willie fan since the mid 60s. The album ain't bluegrass. You can't call it bluegrass just because it has mandolins, banjos and Dobros. And a bluegrass...
  15. Re: Non-mando: how well does Spotify or Pandora pay off for artis

Our band's first CD in 2010 was put on all the services. We made a total of 17¢. We didn't bother with subsequent CDs. We made more selling them at gigs.
  16. Replies
    Views

Double Standard

I usually check this forum quite regularly, about 5 days a week, and I've noticed a double-standard in some of the responses.

It's time to play devil's advocate.

In a recent thread, someone...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Help with case color

Are you really going to be storing it in the sun and heat? Unless you are, pick your favorite color and don't worry about it.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Arm rest. Y or N?

19. Replies
    Views

Re: Describe your MAS progression

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, I believe I have my MAS in remission. Actually, I don't call it a pandemic anymore. I refer to it as “everything going on” because it has had such a wide-reaching...
  20. Replies
    Views

Yeah. Famous last words.
  21. Replies
    Views

My MAS only vacillates commensurate with the amount of money available. It's always chronic but every once in a while, it becomes acute. A couple of weeks ago, it was acute. I ended up treating it...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Gender and age distribution of mando players

Am I missing something? What difference does it make how old we are or whether we're male or female? (I refuse to further define that, political correctness notwithstanding. That's for another...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Ordering strings--any luck recently?

I've got it now. Amazon is responsible for COVID-19. I'm glad we finally cleared that up.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Feline String Change Caution

Well, for me, this is just another reason not to own a cat.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin strings

While you may receive a variety of answers, the only person who can answer that question is you.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4