Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Want to learn Jazz mandolin

Lots of good advice here from some of the most seasoned cats at the Café. Kudos.

Let me weigh in on the importance of listening, which some say you should do three times as much as you practice. ...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Schweaty Hands

I sweat like workhorse !. The mere thought of moving around quickly makes me sweat. However,my hands don't sweat (much) ,only the usual body areas. My fingers can get a bit tacky at times,so i wipe...
  3. Replies
    Views

Telluride stream now!

Thile solo right now.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/koto/ppr/koto.m3u
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Vacaville, CA

Glad to have you in our neck of the woods, Michael. I'm about 50 minutes north of Vacaville up in the North Bay. You will be very close to Berkeley, which has the Freight & Salvage, a fantastic,...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Back from a 1.5 year hiatus

Hi MSG - It's nice to know that you're getting 'back on the hoss',& congrats. on your graduation.
    The first thing that i would do is to buy a good book of mandolin chords. This is the one that i...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Back from a 1.5 year hiatus

If you have an iPad check out the iRealPro app, it's a lot like Band in the Box but less expensive and not as complex. It has loads of songs already charted and you can set the tempo and play along....
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Grand Forks, ND mandolin instructors?

;) Guess how he got wind of your needing a teacher LOL

Have fun and good luck!