Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Arch Top Oval Hole Mandos; Feed my MAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Ku5txiFVA

There is also the Eastman dgm2 if you can find one. I got one on sale and had the neck radius and the frets replaced with banjo ones and a new bridge....
  2. Replies
    Views

Good mandolin Albums on youtube

I just saw someone uploaded jethros tea for one album and Nolan Faulkners legendary Kentucky mandolin album among some other gems. Check it out while you can
  3. Re: Another chord melody...from Aaron ("I WONT DANCE")

A second volume to your Chord Melody book, and a solo album would be amazing
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: What's a Jazz mandolin?

Compared to my Kentucky KM-950, my Breedlove KO mandolin is perfect for jazz. It's an oval hole with an extended fingerboard so it's got wonderful sustain and sounds great for chords/comping, lots of...
  5. Was changing strings when this happend.....

My tuner snapped off on the A string. I'm not sure what happened, maybe I didn't string it quite right. Can I replace just the tuner or will I have to get a whole new tuning head? This was...
  6. Re: Chris Thile Performs Bach: Sonata No. 2 in A Minor, Andante

The book is a great investment. It's extremely difficult music that I'll probably never be able to play all the way through flawlessly (Though I got some of the G Minor Sonata down pretty well) Its...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM-900

Take some pics if you get a chance!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: any thoughts on eastman 304?

I'm loving my 514, especially after I took some of the finish off with some steel wool. It's surprisingly loud and has a nice sweet tone for when your just jamming in your living room with one other...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A5G or Kentucky KM900

Nice, I just had my 950 installed with a Randy Wood bridge, my luthier (an instrument maker himself) fell in love with it and told me if I ever wanted to sell it he'd buy it in an instant. I love...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: refinished Eastman 515

Nice! I just recently took some scotchbrite and steel wool to my 514 after advice from another member and it's done wonders for its looks and tone. I'll put some pics up soon. But well done, yours...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Proud Kentucky Pickers - Let's see 'em!!

12. Replies
    Views

Early 80's Washburn SN-7

My early 80's Washburn SN-7 finally arrived the other day. I set it up with a Randy Wood bridge and an Orrico tailpiece (I thought the art nouveau style would compliment...