Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mandolin music being forgotten ???

Italian mandolin lovers are in luck! Brian Oberlin, my teacher and consummate virtuoso, has worked up maybe 15+ Italian pieces. You can buy the album here: ...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mandolin music being forgotten ???

And then there's also Iranian mandolin by Onik:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAXfLopcRMg

I have a record of his that's even better, but cannot find a way to post it right now.
  3. Re: Eastman MD514 demo, Bach Cello suit prelude

When posting, "Go Advanced" and use the red YouTube icon:

YGvBbO2UE5E&t=39s
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: looking for tabs. Bach G minor sonata adagio

Howdy Ge,

You can get a midi over at Dave's Bach Page and run it thru tabledit to get a tef file. Like this:

Might not be what you're looking for, but it's a start.

benny
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: how long does a new mandolin setup take ???

Right, but most folks might be willing to make an appointment in advance if you need to travel some distance for the work - drop off in the morning, go shopping, pick up in the afternoon - that sort...
  6. Re: how long does a new mandolin setup take ???

This is 100% my experience. When I emphasize "imports, it isn't so much that imports have inferior fretwork, but more the conditions they suffer cause fret issues. They sit around in less than...
  7. Re: how long does a new mandolin setup take ???

All of the imports I deal with do. In fact 90% need serious fret work, the other 10% benefit. The thing is, even if the frets are just a little off, it ends up being the same work... Hammer as...
  8. Re: how long does a new mandolin setup take ???

It really depends on what the person is doing, as there are no "standards" to a setup.

But when you start leveling/dressing frets and refitting bridges, plan on two hours give or take. I have had...
  9. Re: how long does a new mandolin setup take ???

It takes me about 15 minutes to dress and polish frets, another 15-20 minutes to get the bridge fit reasonably, but that can also take up to an hour. Another 5 or so minutes to set the intonation and...
  10. Re: MAS for your day, Duff A-5(new) just posted on youtube 8/4/1

tbh it should be written MA$

It's when your once nice mandolin no longer seems nice enough

Mandolin Acquisition Syndrome
  11. Re: New Mandolin Hunt!!! Beginner/Intermediate.Flexible budget

The best way to improve it is to get it set up properly. The problem with these, and other "basic" instruments is that they are not very responsive, so it takes more work and better technique to get...
  12. Re: New Mandolin Hunt!!! Beginner/Intermediate.Flexible budget

There are plenty of really good mandolins in your price range. find one that is easy to play and speaks to you.

As for instructors I would contact Emery Lester, he is close to you. He is a great...
  13. Re: New Mandolin Hunt!!! Beginner/Intermediate.Flexible budget

If you are in Toronto, have a look at kijiji. This, for instance, could be a great deal:
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Can You Play Any Chris Thile Tunes?

Not any better than this guy does... Wish I could play 'Ode' this good

Just had to throw out some OldSausage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bi5HYiWTSI