Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Prettiest Peghead Inlays Ever

M Great Blue Heron custom Club Jazz headstock inlay, by Mr. Apitius. (art provided by me…:)
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Uh oh THE Gibson may have a problem

You should try for ‘Awesome’... Awesome O Apitius.... sounds good ����
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb acquired by Etsy...

I still feel that Reverb is a great site for selling musical gear. Except mandolins, which the Cafe does best. (IMHO) I did have a bad experience with PainPal, thought their website was very...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb acquired by Etsy...

I had a good experience with Reverb, selling a synth. However, they want to hold onto your money afterwards. (to use for future purchases) If you cash in, they dump your account. …and don’t get me...
  5. Thread: Ellis A5?

by Tomando
    Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis A5?

that blonde A5 is suhweeet…!! and then there’s the Pava amber satin A: Ellis dna, not as loud, but gorgeous voice. great value. (IMHO).
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: New Apitius Club Jazz Mandolin acquisition…

Thanks, all for the great comments.
    Here’s a short video of the Club Jazz. Warning: I’m not Chris Thile…

https://youtu.be/rzOZh38ljFw
  7. Replies
    Views

New Apitius Club Jazz Mandolin acquisition…

Here’s a few pics of a special order Apitius Club Jazz mandolin I just just received. I knew Oliver Apitius was a one man shop, and wondered if he could do a custom headstock inlay . I provided him...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Busking! who's gone and done it?

I was practicing in the local park, as I often do, under some trees. Two small children broke away from their playgroup, and ran towards me. They wanted to climb the trees, which were very kid...
  9. Replies
    Views

just saw Carlo Aonzo Trio in Pittsburgh

Amazing virtuosity,Carlo and his bandmates . They sound even better (to me) than when I saw them a year ago! How can that even be possible..?! :) Definite bucket list show.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Summer camping trips with the mandolin...

freezing, boiling, and major spills would be a doing a merciful favor to a Rogue... take the Kentucky, dude!
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: My latest crazy idea - the "Faux Mandola!"

If that thing doesn’t want to co-operate, you could always set fire to it onstage.. ;)
  12. Thread: Pava

by Tomando
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pava

Hi, Iflingpicker! That’s my first mando after joining a folk/bluegrass band 6 years ago. A Colling MF glosstop “honey amber”. I put a K&K in it for our gigs. Just recently added a DPA 4099 to it,...
  13. Thread: Pava

by Tomando
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pava

To all who didn’t win: (including myself), the good news is: More awareness of the Pava mandolin. Well deserved, an awesome instrument!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite Acoustic Amps?

I tried my Loudbox mini at a very noisy bar, it was not happy when cranked up to max. Otherwise fine though. I went for the sa330, aka the “Fishstick”. Granted, more $$, but much nicer sound...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: hats off to Pava Knesevic!

that’s where I got it…! ��
  16. Replies
    Views

hats off to Pava Knesevic!

I just acquired a Pava satin A model, and I’m blown away by how great this thing sounds! I had to imagine that Tom Ellis wouldn’t want junk coming out of his shop. Boy was I right…!:) I did upgrade...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Fishstick vs Bose L1 Compact : A Quick Review

I tried the Bose L1 Compact about a year ago. I A/B'd it with my Loudbox Mini, and actually preferred the tone of the Loudbox to the Bose. I just felt the Bose sounded compressed, or 'small'. Hard to...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Pulled the Trigger

I was eyeballing that one too! Nice catch, great investment! Enjoy!
  19. Thread: Fishman 330

by Tomando
    Replies
    Views

Re: Fishman 330

Just did my first gig w the 330. Had a bit of feedback problem w my cajon mic, but sorted that out ok. I had it standing right next to me, and was able to hear myself well enough by rotating it...
  20. Thread: BAS(s)

by Tomando
    Replies
    Views

Re: BAS(s)

I acquired an NS NXT passive pickup bass a few years ago, just to "play around on". Very nice, well built instrument, and fun to play. If you do go for it, consider getting a bow too! That really...
  21. Replies
    Views

Carlo Aonzo in Pittsburgh

Just was so fortunate to see Carlo and his bandmates along with the Pittsburgh Mandolin Orchestra. What amazing musicianship! Definite bucket list experience..
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Is a Rogue a mistake for a beginner?

I would compare learning mandolin on a Rogue (or equivalent), to learning to kayak on a heavy, beat up rental kayak. It can discourage one from keeping with it. Just sayin'…
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Relatively expensive mandolins

I have found that if you buy a mando used,by a respected luthier, at a fair price, and treat it well, you can always resell it for about what you paid for it, sometimes more. I currently "use" an...
  24. Re: I've heard people say that they love their mandolin but......

Its getting easier and easier to find naked people on the internet…!
  25. Re: How do you justify a high end mandolin? Or do you?

great mandos are like great kayaks: buy slightly used, enjoy, sell if you need to for very close to what you paid. either costs almost nothing to own once purchased, (unlike cars, boats, motorcycles...
Page 1 of 2 1 2