Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Mandolin art (drawing)

I did this piece a few years ago and recently ran across it. Thought someone here might enjoy it as a desktop background or something. Pretty sure this is an old painting or photo I saw and...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Double Stop Fiddle Shop Lost to Fire

Don't keep saying it was a Calton. It was in an older small style Mark Leaf fiberglass coated case made by Mark Leaf. The seal is a semi-water tight seal and yes it did suffer some lower point...
  3. Replies
    Views

Stumbled Across this Vidieo -

Great scenery, nice song and a tip of the hat to the mandolin player Jarred Albright. Made my day and added a little inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBdeazRdJB0
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Bach Inventions

https://soundcloud.com/user-438797001/two-part-invention-no-3

If all goes well, this is a link to us doing Invention #3.

f-d
  5. Re: Condolences on the passing of Rebecca Harvell Ellis

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers. Most of you didn't have the fortune to know Becky, but she was my best friend and the sweetest person to ever have lived. As for mandolin content, if...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What mando chords are these?

Bobby Bill & Don Stiernberg, eloquent sense from both of you guys, thanks. Don, I wish it was possible to attain some of your skill just by reading that! I need to practice more, read & write less....
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: What mando chords are these?

random and not-so-random observations after wading through this thread:

we seem to have different names and symbols for the same things, let's calm down and try to bring our various terms,...
  8. Replies
    Views

video of Oregon mandolin Orchestra

a video from a news show someone just sent me. I thought some Cafe members would like to see it.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: By The Numbers

bobby bill, thanks for that. I can see your point, but it differs from the way I normally see it or teach it when I'm talking about building chords. I can see that you are right, though, to approach...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: What's with the "Product"??

If my barber asked me if I wanted any product, I would figure it was something he had out back
  11. Re: Why old time and bluegrass are not the same.

When did evolution give us this instinctive need to categorize everything?

If bluegrass is "stage music" -- which maybe is how it started, but not really all it is now -- and old-time is "communal...
  12. Re: Why old time and bluegrass are not the same.

The good thing about threads like this is they give you something to do if you're stuck in yet another nor'easter. Outside of that..

I was going to use the old "Old-time is meant for playing in...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Another Licensing Question...

It's always the venue, there is no variation to that whatsoever. Same as the electric bill.

Weird how nobody ever posts about electricity company "thugs" coming around demanding payment.
  14. Replies
    Views

One of the coolest things I've seen

Some time ago, my friend Dan went to Agnone, Italy as part of a church group to purchase a bell for his church. The group went to see the bell actually being made by the Marinelli family who have...
  15. Replies
    Views

Did a good deed today

A good friend has been helping a family that has recently relocated to Minnesota. There are two sons that like music, but have never played. Someone had donated an acoustic guitar for one of them....
  16. Re: Stolen gibson a5g 1991 carlson signed all los angeles area

OK to post this here but not very many people are going to see it. Post it in the classifieds under the Lost/Stolen category as we have a bunch of programming tools that take it from there and...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: There’s A reason I Don’t Go To Crafts Fairs

Please don't tell me that they made lamps out of dogs...
  18. Replies
    Views

Unedited liner notes for "Dawg and T"

I wrote the liner notes for the new David Grisman and Tony Rice CD. It needed to be edited quite a bit to fit the format, but I thought some might enjoy the unedited version, I did a lot of research...
  19. Replies
    Views

Air (Hornpipe) HWV 355 by G F Handel

This hornpipe was originally in C minor. For this arrangement I have raised it a tone to D minor, which makes it easier to vary the instrument line-up to suit different ensemble configurations. I...
  20. Replies
    Views

Reischman superb tone.

Nothing beats the tone of John and his Loar.

https://pegheadnation.com/featured-videos/back-room/sharon-gilchrist-john-reischman-malvern-2/
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dawg

Note from the Dawg into our email inbox. He asked us to post this as he hasn't done posting with attachments. Here it is!

Many thanks to all y'all!! I've been told it's better to give than to...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: "There's no good music anymore!"

Yes, but the Beatles really are. :)
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Introvert and extrovert

Yup. It's embarrassing to admit, but I don't have any friends. There are lots of people I consider acquaintances, and who I'm friendly with at jams or whatnot. But there's not a single person I...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: jethro electric mandolin

Seems to be that mandolin here.:mandosmiley:

https://youtu.be/S_0sdCPRwKE
  25. Happy holidays guys! (mandolin content included)

Hey! I typically don't post these on the cafe, but it's holiday time, and I thought you may enjoy. Here's a little arrangement of You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch.

https://youtu.be/Kv1hBD-25-A

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3