Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin blues/artists

Don't forget the great Marc Woodward, who also pops up on the message board from time to time.
  2. Replies
    Views

speaking of Andy Manson...

Nice album of a Portuguese guitarra he's working on:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.885413308143134.1073741863.174408405910298&type=1
  3. Thread: L.a.

by GKWilson
    Replies
    Views

Re: L.a.

Have a good time in L.A. Marc.
    I'm sure you'll find plenty to do.
    If you could leave a little early stop off in Bellevue [Seattle] for a day or two.
    Wintergrass is Feb/26-March1. Last year was the...
  4. Thread: L.a.

by randolin
    Replies
    Views

I run an open jam every tuesday night in Granada Hills, a suburb near Northridge in the San Fernando Valley. More details at bluegrassjamschool.com. Lots of instruments to play if you don't bring...
  5. Thread: L.a.

by CWRoyds
    Replies
    Views

For sheer volume of vintage instruments, you have to go to Norman's Rare Guitars in the valley.
    They have masses of instruments, mostly guitars, but they usually have a handful of interesting...
  6. Thread: L.a.

by delsbrother
    Replies
    Views

Which shop was the one with the greyhounds? I would always go in there and say, "Mandolins?" and the guy would shake his head and go, "Nope." Then I would take a quick peek around, pat the dog on the...
  7. eye candy: octave mandolin by noted English luthier Andy Manson

I was photographing some of my instruments recently, and it occurred to me that some readers of this forum might be interested in my somewhat unusual...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Marc, that is beautiful! I love your voice and playing. :)
  9. Replies
    Views

Marc, These are really great videos. I am a blues guitarist and that preceded my mandolin adventure. Your blues mando playing is inspiring. I have always loved this old Walk On song-- has a great...
  10. Replies
    Views

Hahaahahaaaaa...now that's funny!:)) Well done, Marc!
  11. Video: Souvernir de Bovio by E. Zerega for mandolin and guitar.

Hello all.

Here is a short but lovely music gem, the 'Souvernir de Bovio', a 'Romance' by a certain Mr. E. Zerega, a Spaniard living around 1900 in London.

It seems to be the only composition,...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Andy Manson

Man... that verges on obscene!
    Pictures for posterity:
    (I hope Andy doesn't mind... it's just sad that many of the old pictures in this thread are no longer with us....)
  13. Thread: Andy Manson

by Mike Black
    Replies
    Views

Re: Andy Manson

There is another nice 3 point mandolin coming out of Andy's shop soon. No financial interest, his work is just very inspiring for me.
  14. Replies
    Views

http://youtu.be/7YeDkyxpvrk <--- one more. "Mystery Train." I was feeling pretty productive today. LOL
  15. Replies
    Views

My duo suddenly evolved into a swing band with the addition of bass, a couple who play ukuleles and percussion, and a guitarist who likes playing gypsy jazz style. Read all about it here but...
  16. Replies
    Views

New Blues Mando EP

Just trying to get the word out that I've got a new EP up on Bandcamp available for free right now. I'm in the process of recording a full length album now and wanted give folks a taste of what's...