Search:

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. 2004 Gibson F-5 Master Model Distressed Mandolin Used

A new mandolin family instrument has been added to the Gryphon Stringed Instruments inventory

2004 Gibson F-5 Master Model Distressed Mandolin Used

View this instrument...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD 2023 Gibson F-5G

Here are some pics
  3. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

I'm with you Carl... that shows some class on the part of Gibson to have honored/homaged our dear friend Charlie D...
  4. Replies
    Views

Gibson F5 Master Model (USED, 2019)

A new mandolin family instrument has been added to The Music Emporium inventory:

Gibson F5 Master Model (USED, 2019)

View this instrument...
  5. Replies
    Views

NMD 2023 Gibson F-5G

I pre-ordered this mandolin from The Acoustic Shoppe as soon as I saw Jeremy introduce it in the YouTube video at the IBMA booth last month. He shows it around 16:40. I think it may also be the F-5G...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: D’Addario Exp 74CM replacement

I think the XS are a lot better than the Exp74CM, which was my go to before the XS.
    The XS sound better to me, and they last a really really long time. Like four times as long.
    Good stuff.
  7. Replies
    Views

Juststrings doesn’t have the XS custom medium or heavy gauges that some of us have been waiting on yet.

I ordered directly from D’addario. Two sets, free shipping.
  8. Re: Has anyone heard about a crazy mandolinist named Frank Wakefi

I believe Frank Wakefield wrote the tune New Camptown Races.
  9. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

As Jim says above, Gibson is on the right track. It might not be the track that everyone would like, but it makes perfect sense - devote your talents and energies to a couple of flagship models and...
  10. Replies
    Views

Hi I think the XS are closest to EXP, the XT have a thinner coating to give a tone closer to uncoated but don't last as long as XS (unless I got that the wrong way round lol). I like the XS a lot on...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Sam Bush Master Model as opposed to F5

There are people that know more about this than me, but all modern gibsons have the master model label, but a genuine “Master Model” will have a serial number with a V in front of it. There were some...
  12. Thread: Prototype

by Demetrius
    Replies
    Views

Re: Prototype

I would like to resurrect this thread with some photos of how she and her sibling looks today...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Master Models

Former Gibson employee Charlie Derrington had this to say (https://www.mandozine.com/media/CGOW/derrington.html)

"The reason all Gibson mandolins have the Master Model label is a bit cumbersome to...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Jarrod Walker's Loar?

That's basically right, except that Charlie did, indeed, sign the aforementioned MM (on Jan. 8th 2005), quite possibly as a favor for his workmate at Gibson, Billy Lilly, the original owner of that...
  15. Replies
    Views

Cody Shuler Loar inspired cases

Haven't seen these spectacular Loar style cases, leather covered, discussed here. Have talked to a few Loar owners and top-tier builders who are really impressed with these. Hand-made, leather...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Old F-Case Repair. Handle?

Finally got to working on this case (see top post for the before shots).

Got all the loose tolex cleaned, glued down and patched. Should have probably recovered, but I wanted it still to look it's...
  17. Replies
    Views

Bill Halsey's last F-5

Hey folks,

I've added a sibling to my Halsey mandolin family. A book end set! This was the last F5 that Bill built in 2011 and my other is the prototype that he made when he decided to really...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: '77 D.Wm Halsey F5

I know how annoying it can be for people like myself to go on and on about a revolving door of buiders. Enthusiasm can get the best of a player. I am guilty on that count. I would like to share two...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield is simply nailing it lately

Northfield is not an Asian import company. It is not a business entity that solely purchases items from an external country and separate business entity and then resells in the U.S. for profit. The...
  20. Re: Stew mac -- waverly f-style mandolin tuners

It's easy enough to tell. Place the the tuner in place with no screws and stick round toothpicks in the holes. If they aren't straight up and down you have fill and redrill the screw holes.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Concerning Loar copy mandolins

For those interested in Halsey there was a substantial bit of his writing about Gibson F-5L's from 2010 in this article--scroll down a ways to find it: The F-5L Mandolin - A turning point in the...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Concerning Loar copy mandolins

I believe my Halsey to be the closest to a Loar that I have played. My old DMM prototype was a close 2nd...

23. Replies
    Views

Re: Calton Cases - in pictures

I had this bad boy for awhile with Goldie the only blonde x-braced Gibson Master Model. Cool case but weighed a ton! Shoulda kept that one....:))
  24. Re: Gibson Ricky Skaggs Distressed Master Model - My New Mandolin

last 4 photos -

http://bobbymaynard.com/RSDMM/PicguardSide.JPG

http://bobbymaynard.com/RSDMM/ScrollSide.JPG

http://bobbymaynard.com/RSDMM/HeadstockFront.JPG
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: No more EXP74's?

Suppose their testing is probably like how I do mine. 96.9% of the results are based on cold facts and thorough research.
    The other 13.1% is just stuff you make up.
    ;)
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4