Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: Collings MF Deluxe

Very nice, I have been wanting to try one of those some day. Congratulations and hope you enjoy :mandosmiley:
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: ISO a decent starter Mandolin

Most of this post is unnecessary backstory and musing just to illustrate these few points that, from what I have read are probably almost always brought up in many/most threads like this. Most of...
  3. Replies
    Views

Happy (presumed) 250th birthday

to Ludwig van Beethoven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxCLflXk0eg
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: Pulled the trigger on a Collings A

Congratulations and well done, hope you enjoy!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: Ellis A5 Special

Congratulations, hope your ticket and the mandolin that came with it bring you many hours of joy :)
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Types of Mandolin Collections

This has got me wondering, at what point does a group of mandolins become a "collection"?

Sorry if off topic or discussed before, just what my brain came up with in response to the original query....
  7. Re: Skill Progression/Benchmarks, MAS and Instrument Upgrades

Strangely, I have been struggling thinking about this. I think the best I can come up with is that from time to time, unpredictably, I get an strong desire (sometimes it feels irresistible) to hear,...
  8. Re: Is there a crisis in mandolin, banjo and ukelele tone?

I haven't done any statistical studies, but I feel like I probably hear fewer guitars in more popular music these days than any time I can remember. I feel like the trend in popular music is more...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD - Girouard Studio F5

That's pretty neat, my A5 is #170, Feb 2018. I don't know why that seems cool to me, but it does. Wonder how many consecutive numbers can be found on the cafe.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD - Girouard Studio F5

Fantastic! Congrats from another fellow Girouard owner. May you have many happy hours of making music together.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: what are the regular folks playing.

I play a Kentucky KM272 and a Girouard A5.

My wife says I am highly irregular though, so I may not be useful as a data source for you. She does agree that I don't have deep pockets though.

I'd...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard Mandolins

I've got #170, dated Feb 2018, purchased in March so pretty fresh.

I personally haven't handled much that I would consider a nicer and would be hard pressed to come up with any purchase that has...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I get rid of my other instruments?

That's awesome.

Honestly just a few days after I started this thread I was recording some backing tracks with my guitar to have something to noodle around on top of with the mandolin. Not sure...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I get rid of my other instruments?

All replies very much appreciated. Much of it does resonate.

I do have varied musical taste and have written and recorded a bit. The more I dwell on it the less sense it seems to make to abandon...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: What's with the "Product"??

Yes, corporate/sales speak. A close relative to the speech of politics and kissing cousin of propoganda. I understand why it's used and often preferred in some situations, but in my personal opinion...
  16. Replies
    Views

Well, my 48 hrs are up

Please forgive my excessive exhuberance for a Sunday night :)

Took delivery of a new mandolin on Friday, it was Girouard A5 Emsemble # 170 dated February 2018. I’ve played most of the weekend, the...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Who has just one?

Up until yeterday evening I could have said that I had only one...a Kentucky KM272.

Today I have two, after taking delivery of a new Girouard Ensemble A from TME.

I can rationalize 2, 'cause of...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin to fiddle

I'm arriving from the other direction and with less road behind me, from fiddle to mandolin. Not particularly great at either but have managed to get folks to smile and dance with both.

My...