Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: The Gibson Mandolin A-3; Serial #23099

Hello,

I picked up the mandolin from Livingtree Music yesterday and I couldn't be happier. The results far exceeded my expectations. The peghead was in pretty bad shape.
    Nowell and Annette were...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Marla Fibish's Irish Mandolin Course

Yes, looking forward to it! Working me way through the tunes for it Marla posted as we speak!
  3. Article: Mandolin Cafe Announces Launch of Banjo Cafe

You can view the page at http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content.php?229-Mandolin-Cafe-Announces-Launch-of-Banjo-Cafe
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Luthier in So Cal USA for Gibson A Repair

Nowell has done great work for me too.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Luthier in So Cal USA for Gibson A Repair

I can also vouch for Nowell Siegel at Living Tree music.
    He has worked on my Mandolin several times, and did some great work on an old Gibson L48 Archtop guitar for me.
    He work is always great in...
  6. Re: Luthier in So Cal USA for Gibson A Repair

Nowell Siegel at Living Tree music -- http://www.livingtreemusic.com/

Steve
  7. Replies
    Views

A Mandolin Criss-Cross Puzzle

Every Mandolin Cafe morning starts the same: very strong black coffee and the daily crossword puzzle out of the newspaper (those folded paper things they used to throw onto your porch or lawn),...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Our New Build/Prototype OM!

That's beautiful. You might want to post the pictures over in the videos, pictures, sound files forum. Beautiful instrument!
  9. Report Substantiates North Korea Musical Instrument Concerns

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    Report Substantiates North Korea Musical Instrument Concerns

The U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, confirms...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Lloyd Loar / Fisher Shipp Archive find

That's one I've never seen. Rotate below, bit easier to view.

11. But wait. This doesn't look like that other one

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=129909&d=1422765021

But wait. This doesn't look like that other one. That guy said there were no plans for any other designs. I know...
  12. Re: NPR Tiny Desk Contest - We're on NPR Tumblr!!

Annette, That was so well written and I loved the duet. Your mandolin blended so nicely with the acoustic guitar. Your vocal and lyric were captivating. I decided to submit one of my songs and I...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: NPR Tiny Desk Contest - We're on NPR Tumblr!!

Good job. Good use of the mandolin too. And what a mandolin it is.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: NPR Tiny Desk Contest - We're on NPR Tumblr!!

That was great! That light touch you have on the mandolin and the open and airy tone it has are just excellent, and your voice is great too. What a way to make a comeback from the tough stuff of...
  15. Re: NPR Tiny Desk Contest - We're on NPR Tumblr!!

Very Cool, good song, the mandolin sounds great, thanks! I grew up in the Valley and went to Poly H.S.!
  16. Re: NPR Tiny Desk Contest - We're on NPR Tumblr!!

very nice, thanks for sharing :)
  17. Re: NPR Tiny Desk Contest - We're on NPR Tumblr!!

Absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Halloween Fun *Add ur Caption*

Repairs taking too long*

* The actual original caption, which somehow has never been mentioned. Still one of the best, IMHO. ;) Sorry Annette, but it's high time you got some...
  19. Re: Stan Jay, Pioneer of Vintage Instrument Fame Fighting For His

We are deeply saddened to learn that Stan Jay of Mandolin Brothers has passed away. Just spoke to Rachel at Mandolin Brothers to confirm the news. On behalf of the Mandolin Cafe and our visitors we...
  20. Replies
    Views

Awesome Luthier in Los Angeles

Hey all,

If you are looking for a luthier in Los Angeles, I just wanted to give a plug for Nowell at Living Tree Music. http://www.livingtreemusic.com
    I had my J Bovier Mandolin and a Gibson...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar's Mando/Viola 70321

The photo showing the Gibsonians at the White House was taken on April 22, 1923.

The people in the photo are (left to right) Margaret Lichti, Ethel Johnstone, Jimmy "Jazz" Johnstone, C.A....
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: J75 on a 1924 Snakehead ?

This old thread contains a few posts that discuss the string gauges of the 20's. Note Paul Hostetter's post at the end likening original strings to J74's. I've never seen sunken tops on Gibson's as...
  23. Replies
    Views

Living Tree Music!

Hi guys. Just wanted to mention, if anyone in the Los Angeles area is looking for a great luthier for repairs, get in touch with Annette and Nowell at Living Tree Music (livingtreemusic.com). I had...
  24. Cordoba Announces Plan to Purchase Guild from Fender

Not a mandolin company, but for you Guild guitar fans, there's hope, even after the FMIC announcement to shut down US production.

"Cordoba Music Group has finalized a letter of intent to purchase...
  25. Replies
    Views

Interview with Marla Fibish

I was able to interview Marla Fibish last week. Here's a transcript of her comments about playing Irish music on the mandolin.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3