Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield Artist Model

Yes, I got to play nearly all of the first batch they developed with Mike Marahall at Swannanoa Gathering last summer. They were all exceptional, but different. I actually liked the ones with...
  2. Thread: Accuracy

by UsuallyPickin
    Replies
    Views

Re: Accuracy

Perfection is what we all seek ..... personally I rarely achieve it...... more like never really. There are , of course , more ways not to manage to achieve it than garner it. Focus , for me is the...
  3. Thread: Holy!

by Sweetpea44
    Replies
    Views

Re: Holy!

Sorry about your loss .... time to browse the classifieds. :)
  4. Replies
    Views

Lochaber No More, new Weber

On my Weber Gallatin A Oval:

http://youtu.be/h6Z-hDLd8lQ
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Do you know the history of Gilchrist prices?

Here are a few more data points. On the low side, I have a receipt from Gruhns for a new Gilchrist F-5 priced at $1,500 in January, 1981. In 1985, the price was $2,000. In July, 1994 the price was...
  6. Re: anyone use brewed tea bags residue for color on bare wood?

Cool technique!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Jams in Prescott Valley Arizona?

Anybody ????

If no current jams working in the area, how about getting one started? Any takers?
  8. Re: Torrified tops? anyone doing that on mandolins yet?

Nothing written so far about torrified wood being more crack resistant. Maybe that would depend on the humidity after the bake. i like the notion of maintaining low humidity up to the time the...
  9. Re: Looking for a "beater" to take to a festival/campout

I started going to festivals before I started playing and my primary objectives were to listen to music and to party. I still like to do that so I would hate to leave an expensive mando in a car or...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Why a one piece back?

The difference is most likely in visual appeal, which in itself is subject to taste. 1- vs 2-piece back doesn't affect sound or playability one way or another as far as I can tell. That being said,...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: How much for the best?

What is best made or best sounding is pretty subjective but I get your gist and have thought about it too.

I think if you look at it in a totally objective manner where bling and name recognition...
  12. Replies
    Views

I would suspect that Eastman, as does any...

I would suspect that Eastman, as does any manufacturer, receives quite a few emails a day and those emails are read by an assistant who then forwards them to the appropriate person in which they...