Search:

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Thoughts on tremolo

That would depend on the style and period of the music in question. For styles of mandolin that I play, tremolo expresses something even when used as a default technique - it expresses how long notes...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: What kind of hat do I need?

The Pickelhaube is the way to go.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: What’s in a Scroll?

I happen to like them.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Tunes that lend themselves to tremolo

Wow! Thanks everyone! This is awesome! Obviously I really appreciate the tunes to practice but the advice on the different types of tremolo and ways to incorporate those into my playing are also much...
  5. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

While at IBMA, I got to hold and play the new Loar copy and I was mst impressed. Fit and finish was spectacular, with what appeared to be a varnish finish; the mandolin was light but not too light,...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mangled Gibson!

Is that actually a Gibson banjolin neck added to that A body? Sure looks like it.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Metal Solos

New Cover out Today! Metallica - Master of Puppets

https://youtu.be/kVoYJSJeTKg
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I bother?..

I have a strong opinion, for my life, that may or may not apply to yours.

I feel that when I stop bothering I start dying.
  9. Replies
    Views

My kids aren't much younger than yours, but they don't want to admit to themselves that their parents are getting older. "Mom, you're not old ..."

It seems to me that the more you learn the more...
  10. Replies
    Views

You can't take the money with you, you can leave it to someone you love and you get to have it to make music on. Go for it.

Jamie
  11. Replies
    Views

"To be obsessed with the destination is to remove the focus from where you are." Philip Toshio Sudo, Zen Guitar

Yup. So where I am right now is a place where I continually improve and plateau and...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Blind Mandolin Players ?

Michael Cleveland can burn on his mandolin as well. His duets with Nathan Livers are something truly awe inspiring. Don't know if there's any video of them doing that, but they are just awesome.
  13. Replies
    Views

Now the wheels are turning in my head as well.
    I guess I'm younger than I thought I was.
    This could be a whole new level of MAS.
  14. Replies
    Views

I ordered one at age 65. I am still smiling when I play it. R/
  15. Replies
    Views

I just turned 68, and I am taking mandolin lessons, probably never be a mandolin player, but I'm giving it my best shot, I play every week with Gus in their seventies and eighties, we lost our...
  16. Replies
    Views

Turned 70 the 21st of December. Restoring our son’s ‘54 Chevy (He passed away 1/15/22 of a massive heart attack) so a custom build is not in the crosshairs at this time. But I still look and...
  17. Replies
    Views

3 pages of, "Go for it!"
    It's my sworn duty as a Cafe member to say, " Yes! Get the Mandolin!"
  18. Replies
    Views

Giving up defines the end of the game. You don't want to do that. You want to live up to your dreams if it's the last thing you do on earth.
  19. Replies
    Views

[QUOTE=Marcus CA;1897118]I feel like I've logged in to the Medicare Cafe. :grin:

At 66, I guess you can call me "The Kid."

Thank you, kid! You made my day with Medicare Cafe.
  20. Replies
    Views

It’s nice to see Mike Black mandolins get some deserved attention again lately. Please consider joining us in the social group with a build thread:
  21. Replies
    Views

I feel like I've logged in to the Medicare Cafe. :grin:

At 66, I guess you can call me "The Kid."

The question is, do you want to be an Ernie or a Bert? Actually, it doesn't matter, because...
  22. Replies
    Views

I'm the same age & ordered not one but two custom instruments, both mandolins, one an oval hole the other with f holes. The wait would have been harder but I injured my left hand badly last Sept. 28...
  23. Replies
    Views

But keep in mind if you posted on Mandolin Cafe that you'd lost both arms and were thinking of quitting mandolin, everyone would tell you, don't let that stop you! If you asked your question at...
  24. Replies
    Views

As I age one of the things I love doing is playing a fine Mandolin melody slowly and softly on my front porch early in the day, Amazing Grace is my favorite.
    Best...........
  25. Replies
    Views

Playing music with my friends and having fun at rehearsals is what helps keep me feeling young. I look forward to having the joy of music in my life each day. Get that mandolin and don't worry...
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4