Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Going from mandolin to tenor guitar - technique differences?

Well that is great, Welcome to tenor guitar!!! I play mainly Irish fiddle tunes, a little blues now and again, and sometimes dip into a pop tune. Versatile instruments. For a long time I played in...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Cozart Tenor Telecaster

Somehow, this guitar arrived in under one week. For $190 I am beyond impressed. I was already familiar with the brand from their eMando, but I feel like the quality of this is much better. Looks...
  3. Thread: BR-40T vs BR-70T?

by PT66
    Replies
    Views

Re: BR-40T vs BR-70T?

I know nothing about these tenor guitars. But as a builder of tenor guitars (and 6 string guitars, ukuleles, flat top mandolin family instruments etc.) I would say it depends more on who “hand...
  4. Replies
    Views

2020 BR-40T vs 2011 BR-70T

Reviving an old thread.

fox, I happen to have both models and I tried both models back and forth last night. I could not differentiate between the two.

I believe that you can have two guitars...
  5. Replies
    Views

National Tenor Resonator Guitar

Last night one of the members of a band that I manage gifted me a National Tenor Resonator guitar. It needs some work, but is basically all there. From what little research I have been able to do,...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Fletcher tenor guitars?

In reference to playing the instruments you have. I have been building instruments as a hobby for 60 years. When I go to practice I somehow end up in the shop building another instrument. (Not sure...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Cozart Tenor Telecaster

neilca, subby13 & strandbj: I'm wondering how you are getting along with your Cozarts?

I have a red one and yes the fret ends are sharp, but overall it is very nice. The stock strings are nearly...
  8. Replies
    Views

Fletcher tenor guitars?

Does anyone know anything about Jamie Fletcher and the Fletcher Tenors? I am seriously considering purchasing one, but I've never commissioned an instrument by e-commerce, and the only comments I can...
  9. Kala Solid Mahogany Top Tobacco Burst Tenor Guitar

Kala is now offering a Solid Mahogany Top Tobacco Burst Tenor Guitar - $279.

Specs:
    TOP: Solid Mahogany
    BACK & SIDES: Mahogany
    BINDING: Cream
    NECK: Mahogany...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Baritone Ukulele in GDAE

Hi PizzaPastaCannoli, DGBE is standard tuning for a Baritone Uke. The OP changed strings to get to GDAE. You can do the same to get to CGDA. (Maybe ask fox to help you with string gauges if you let...
  11. Replies
    Views

Fender Tenor Tele

Nothing any different than anyone else's. I'm very happy, so I wanted to share pictures. Very nice shape. Mint, looks un-played. It arrived within days professionally packed from Japan to the USA. No...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: String tension puzzler

Some strings are just defective. I've had strings snap on the first tune up. It's not common, but it happens, and seems to perhaps happen more often with old strings that have been on hand for a...
  13. Thread: Purchase Advice

by Denko
    Replies
    Views

Re: Purchase Advice

Check this out fox: https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/65478-Blueridge-40-T-Truss-Rod-Does-yours-have-one
  14. Thread: Purchase Advice

by Denko
    Replies
    Views

Re: Purchase Advice

I cannot say enough good things about the discontinued size 2 Ibanez AVT1.

I also agree with fox, you cannot go wrong with a Blueridge. I have BR-40 and 70 tenors.

All above solid spruce tops....
  15. Carols from the world for Fingerpicking CGDA Tenor Guitar

Carols: Stille Nacht 00:00; Un Flambeau 00:38; Puer Nobis Nascitur 01:08; Przybiezeli do Betlejem 01:19; O Little Town Of Bethlehem 01:37; I Saw Three Ships 02:10; Co se stalo, prihodilo 02:35; Away...
  16. Thread: Tenor guitars

by PT66
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor guitars

Hope I can learn to play it.
  17. Replies
    Views

Tenor Guitar Gallery & Sightings

Pia Tedesco playing an Eastwood Classic Tenor Guitar

From the disc Celebración

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG8ZMVUmcPU&list=OLAK5uy_lY13UDZVWMQB-kXFrPkaDRN6Yi6rqbdB4&index=2
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuning question

INCORRECT. On a tenor guitar tuned G-D-A-E the G is tuned an octave LOWER than the open G string on a standard tuned 6 string guitar (i.e., equivalent to the 3rd fret on the 6 string's low E).

19. Replies
    Views

Re: tenor or new standard tuning

They're working on updating the formula to make these strings stronger.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: tenor guitars strung as octave mandolin

Sorted through my drawer of strings and found what seems to work. .010, .016, .025 and .035 then I turned the sub basses to G C D and E for the tonic, sub-dominant, dominant and relative minor in the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Help to Identify this Old Tenor Guitar

He was the one who refused to accept the original explanation for the Challenger disaster. There was an interesting TV documentary on him in the UK quite a few years ago. Someone once said that they...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Six strings in fifths

Actually we now have Special Strings tuned C, G, D, A, E, B called GCT-Cello & they're nylon so the tension is lower to prevent breakage.

- - - Updated - - -

Magma GCT-Cello strings tuned...
  23. Re: Just bough a cheap Harley Benton. Question about string gauge

To answer the question,.011 strings work on my tenors. I think .010 would be too light to drive the soundboard.

However, mine are very lightly built, so .011 strings might sacrifice some volume...
  24. Replies
    Views

Eastwood TG-150

Hello,

Received my Eastwood TG-150 a couple of days ago after waiting about 3 months I think. This is my first hollow-body style tenor or guitar for that matter. So far I really like it.

I...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Who is this?

What I want to know is, what is that tenor? One of yours Fox?
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4