Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Thinking about a pick-up

I personally opted for the JJB and like it a lot.....very faithful to the sound of the instrument. You're handy with tools, so I don't think you'd have any trouble with self installing. I have a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Review of the Tone Gard

I think, like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. Someone who paid $1000 to $5000 for their mandolin probably wouldn't bat an eye at paying $70 plus shipping for an external cage that has no...
  3. Re: Anyone ever heard of a GILLETTE microphone?

I heard it's the best a man can get! :))

Also, close micing will shave off the top end! :))

/runs away

~o) :cool:
  4. Re: There is no right way to hold a pick. There is only your way.

That's a great story! Did she have it sitting on the ground, or was it just hanging from her left hand?
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Another rave about the CA bridge

For folks on this thread who were interested (rfd?), the comparison I was talking about has been posted now! :)
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: New CA bridge installation: bridge angle?

Hey Lou! My results are up! :)

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?133745-CA-Bridge-vs-stock-bridge-A-B-comparison-(w-video)-For-science!&p=1590926#post1590926
  7. CA Bridge vs stock bridge: A/B comparison (w/ video) For science!

(Sorry, I just like saying "For science!")

We've all heard lots about how great Cumberland Acoustic mandolin bridges are. I was preparing to install one on my The Loar LM-310f mandolin, and since...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: New CA bridge installation: bridge angle?

I'm not talking about the saddle, FYI, if that's what you mean. I'm talking about the physical angle at which the bridge feet are sanded.

Thanks for the sanding tip, but I already picked that up...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Review of the Tone Gard

That is hilarious! Speaking of people asking funny questions, I've seriously been considering making an armrest with "Not a ukelele" printed on the front. Wonder if anybody would want one... :))
  10. Replies
    Views

The smoothed edges are about the only thing you described that I can actually see, but maybe it's my monitor. ;) I can obviously see that the 2 are different, but I don't have my mando on me right...
  11. Replies
    Views

Has anyone ever tried to do a comparison between old bridge and new CA bridge? SPL meter testing for volume difference? Weighing the bridges and comparing?

Since MAS is not an option for me (too...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Had this thought the other day

Like when you accidentally drop your pick in the sound hole of an acoustic guitar, and then you have to turn it over and shake it above your head like an idiot to get it to fall out.... ;)
  13. Re: Is the electric guitar dying, taking Gibson and others with i

Right, typically stuff like the Run DMC/Aerosmith crossover has been the exception, rather than the norm:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/lifestyle/walk-this-way/

Not to mention the...
  14. Re: Is the electric guitar dying, taking Gibson and others with i

This doesn't surprise me at all. I've heard lots of good things about Tokai, while hanging around forums with folks who like to play/collect older Japanese Fernandes strats. Anything actually made in...
  15. Early 10,000 Maniacs show with 2 mandolin songs (video)

This was a show from after The Wishing Chair album, in their hometown, at a local college. The songs are Everyone a Puzzle Lover (9:50) and Back O' the Moon (13:00), which is one of my favorite songs...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: You Are The Everything - REM

I'm 4 years late, but R.E.M. was the reason I got a mandolin as well. If you're still interested in learning the song, if you haven't already, I just posted a lesson on YouTube.....since I know it (I...
  17. Thread: Rocksmith

by Billkwando
    Replies
    Views

Re: Rocksmith

Old thread, but I play Rocksmith religiously, and can confirm that it is awesome. I would recommend giving it a try if you haven't already. I make custom songs for it (PC version only), and I'm...
  18. New noob member, new "The Loar" mandolin, & endpin jack question

Hello everyone!

I'm brand new to the forum, though I have lurked a bit recently. I'm an experienced guitarist, but basically a mandolin noob. I can play all of 3 R.E.M. songs and Battle of...