Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Raising 12th fret, worth it?

Not local in OH, but you may want to reach out to Bruce Weber in MT to get his input, and consider shipping your mando to him for a setup. I recently sent my mandolin to him, and he completely...
  2. Replies
    Views

I don’t know if he is stil active but Harry Sparks has been in the Cincinnati area and written up in Cincinnati Magazine in 2013:

https://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/columns/fret-master/

The...
  3. Replies
    Views

The closest fellow I know of who might be able to fix your instrument is John Hamlett in Kentucky. Or you can contact me and make the 6 hour drive to Chattanooga. But that's a pretty long haul for...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin chords chart in standard notation

Everything at mandoscales is in standard notation, with lots of chord exercises.

CGDAE included, eg:
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Strings with no loop & no ball

These strings are for classical guitars. This video shows a good demonstration of how to do it.
    4Cw84_0KHTI

No reason why you couldn't tie them on to the hooks for a mandolin tailpiece, and just...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Tonegard alternatives

I added two photos to the response above.
  7. Replies
    Views

[Edited: made a couple of pictures; note that that is not glue around the bracket, it is stray metal polish from when I cleaned up the top of the bracket, which gets a bit corroded over time; maybe...
  8. Replies
    Views

These pictures, despite the evidence of my lack of attention to cleaning and polishing my old 1970s no-name F5, should show roughly what the backrest device is all about.

9. Replies
    Views

There was really not much to it. The wood was a piece of scrap soft white wood I literally picked up from the side of the road. I spent quite a lot of time shaping it using a rasp and sandpaper. The...
  10. Replies
    Views

People will be tired of seeing this, but I made my own device for keeping the back of my F5 clear of my torso. I used scrap wood, pieces of cork table mat and viola chin-rest brackets. It certainly...
  11. Re: Mandolin chords chart in standard notation

Here they are - hope they are helpful172364

- - - Updated - - -

And here are the rest.172365