Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Harwood mandolin

Thanks! My Harwood bowlback was displayed and passed around the Classical Mandolin Society of America Convention in Kansas City this year. It was lots of fun showing off a mandolin made right here in...
  2. Replies
    Views

Sighting of Our Fearless Leader!

“Mire Pral” featuring our Fearless Leader, Scott Tichenor, playing some amazing Gypsy jazz in Kansas City tonight!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Harwood mandolins and guitars

In case you missed it on the other post, here is an article I found about the Harwood factory in Kansas City.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Harwood mandolin

Attached is a pic of my Harwood Bowlback that I was given a few years ago. I researched the Harwood brand by Jenkins Music of Kansas City and found the attached article from August 1899 in the KC...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Mandobass #87717

The Mandolin Orchestra of Kansas City plans a concert in late August where we'll officially premier our Mandobass. We're aware of the volume limitations of a Mandobass and plan to amplify it in some...
  6. Mandolin Orchestra of KC Concert This Saturday, January 21st!

Like Leo Kottke? So do we! We'll be performing "Crow River Waltz", "Vaseline Machine Gun", "The Tennessee Toad", and "The Brain of the Purple Mountain" at our next concert this Saturday, January 21st...
  7. Replies
    Views

Our Fearless Leader Spotted!

Here he is channeling Donnie Stiernberg as he plays in his band “Mire Pral” in Prairie Village Kansas. Stunningly well done Mr. Tichenor, as always!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Kaufman kamp

Big time excellent! This will be year 12 for me. Wouldn't miss it for the world!
  9. Replies
    Views

More 'Cello Power at 2019 CMSA!

Fabio Giudice just shared two more pictures from 2019 CMSA. Here we have the whole Mandocello section about to walk on stage.

And a fabulous pic of Commander Fabio overseeing his troops...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Most Mandocellos at CMSA

I bought it here on The Cafe, and it came tuned CGDA and I never questioned it. I’ve replaced the strings with standard mandocello strings a few times. It plays just fine!
  11. Listen to CMSA playing "Magnificent Mountain" at the convention!

The composer of "Magnificent Mountain", Robert Lunn, posted the audio to the premier performance by the Classical Mandolin Society of America last week. Hearing it on this link is amazing--sitting in...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: How do you clean your mandolin?

I've been using our own Dave Harvey's Jubilee Polish for years. It really cleans up my mandolins, and I big time trust Dave to formulate something that is good for a mandolin.

Here is a link to...
  13. Re: Best Online Instruction - Subscription or Free

I've had a great experience with Matt Flinner's online group lessons--several times. I highly recommend him: https://www.mattflinner.com/
  14. Replies
    Views

Winfield 2018 Winners!

Only 10 contestants this year, but all still top notch!

Finalists:
    Scott Pearson
    Holten Doucette

3rd Ethan Batan
    2nd Simon Dunson
    1st Solly Burton (I think that makes 3?)
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Pentatonic question

Fastest way for you to pick it up would be to get Nate Lee's DVD or download https://thenatelee.weebly.com/. I picked it up at Kaufman Kamp and it will definitely get you going on pentatonics.
  16. Mandolin Orchestra of Kansas City--Video of First Concert!!!

We now have videos posted from the inaugural concert of the Mandolin Orchestra of Kansas City (MOO-KC We love our initials...) Here is the link in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/mookc/posts/....
  17. Re: Mandolin Orchestra Of Kansas City--Pics from First Rehearsal!

You can see all our music on our site: http://www.mookc.com/

Got some neat original compositions from our fearless conductor, Phil DeWalt!
  18. Mandolin Orchestra Of Kansas City--Pics from First Rehearsal!

A few pics and a selfie from the first rehearsal last night:

Being in this is a real dream come true for me!

KC folks: Join us! Info at http://www.mookc.com/
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Good old-time Tunes

Charlie Walden is the king of old time fiddle tunes. Check out his site at http://www.charliewalden.com/ and hit him with a little PayPal for all the effort he's made for us!
  20. Re: Grisman & Tommy Emmanuel / hear the new CD & see the tour dat

One of the advantages of moving back to Kansas City is getting to go to things like this. Julia and I went and had seats on the 4th row center. The concert was in the Midland Theater which is a huge...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Sonatina in G - Beethoven

Thanks, Andy! You can bet my buddies and I will be playing that at Kaufman Kamp this year!
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Ipad Music Readers

Just got my new iPad Pro a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd show you the difference. The iPad Pro is on the left, a 8.5x11 sheet of music is in the middle, and my old iPad is on the...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Ipad Music Readers

Let me chime in for UnrealBook. Been using it for years in my iPad. What I like is it integrates well with DropBox. I save my music as PDFs in folders in DropBox (e.g. Bluegrass, Celtic, Kaufman...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Where to stay in Nashville

I stayed at the Gaylord with my wife a few years ago. Flashy place, the lobby it a trip, but the room was nothing special and the food there is pricey.

I'm always fond of the Drury Inn by the...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Sinking Soundboards Revisited

Let'e pull this post back around! Here we go!

Had the same problem on my 1921 Gibson, only on the bass side. Shortly after I got it I took it to my favorite luthier, Matt Harmon, at Mass Street...
Page 1 of 2 1 2