Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: LRTI surgery

It almost never hurts. It's hard to explain, but I have noticed no change in mobility. If I have been driving for 5-10 hours, it will sometimes not work quite right. It isn't a cramp, doesn't...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: LRTI surgery

I had it done on my left thumb, and need it to be done to the right one, also. In my case, they did not use a tendon, but what I called high tension fish line. The rehab was short, and the recovery...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

I wasn't going to jump into this discussion, but having been in praise bands for over 20 years, I have a little insight into the problem. The band I spent the most time with would have had space for...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Surgery for arthritis...

My recovery time was shorter than a joint replacement. I was in a splint, padding, and all wrapped in an ace bandage for a couple of weeks. Then the stitches were taken out and I was put in a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Surgery for arthritis...

They did a Mini TightRope technique on my left thumb. It relieved 99% of the pain and problems, and the recovery period was shorter. Sooner or later I will have to have it done on my right thumb,...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What PA gear brands do you favor?

I'm still analog, and the group does all kinds of music, so my/our needs might be a bit different. I use an Allen and Heath GL2400 mixer, EV speakers and subs, old Sonic moniters, and QSC amps. ...
  7. Re: Gerry Rafferty's "Old Mandolin Man" in Mattie's Rag

Here is a comment from the Song Meanings site:

"At the time Rafferty wrote the song, he was travelling regularly between London and Glasgow. As such, he didn't get to spend as much time with his...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Dix Bruce - Rest in Peace

RIP, Dix.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Introduction of a new member

Welcome to the world of MAS!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Road Trip Part II

There was a 2017 MD814v in Kentucky up until last night. It should be here on the 25th. The wait for a new one is 6-8 months, or more. At a dealer here in MN I was told that they don't make the...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: CMC Thumb joint arthritis and braces

Because of extreme arthritis in my thumbs, in December I had what is called a Arthroscopic Trapeziectomy With Suture Button Suspensionplasty. The recovery time is less than with some of the other...
  12. Re: Do you take your best or most valuable mandolin to gigs?

I almost always take my best one. If it's a vacation trip, then I'll take a lesser instrument. Like others have said, I bought it to play, not to keep pristine.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: McClung Armrest

I love my 4. (3 for mandolins and one for a Jessen octave mandolin that I think he custom made.) They are all
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: recommend me an acoustic bass

I have a Tacoma Thunderchief, and outside with a group, the sound is lost. The person next to you can hear you, but not the ones several feet away. I used a Roland Microcube bass RX, and got the...
  15. Re: Does anyone get depressed or even semi-suicidal when they hea

I think that we are our own worst critics. We have an idea about how we want things to sound, and when it's not there or different, we get down on ourselves. As time passes we are able to be more...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Did a good deed today

That's great. Thank you for giving such an awesome gift!
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Merry Christmas!

Thanks, and I would also like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.
  18. Re: If you could only own one mandolin, which one would you keep?

I would keep my "A" ov make it better than the other tal, #58, made by TeeJay. (Tom Jessen at Cricket Fiddle Instrument Company.) Lots of volume and tone made it the one to keep. I compared it...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Roland Mobile Cube for Portable Amp

I've used one with my Mandobird with good results.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: If you hadn't been a musician...

I can't remember a time when I wasn't involved in music-then I found out people would pay you to play! I was 16 at the time, and applause made an impression on me. It was somehow different than...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Oh, the horror!

Just because one can do something, doesn't mean that one should!
  22. Re: Fender's selling instruments directly to musicians upsets dea

We can all help by buying from both "brick and mortar" stores and each other, instead of from places that have only an online presence. This is true in a lot of other areas, also. Walmart,...
  23. Replies
    Views

Happy New Year

I would like to wish all on the Café a wonderful, blessed, New Year. May 2015 bring you the perfect mandolin that will end MAS forever. (Or at least until the next perfect one enters your life!) :)
  24. Re: Things this forum has done for you in ways you didn't expect!

Before I joined, I knew nothing about Blue Chip picks, and know way more about now I have 4 of them! Seriously, tho, because of this site I know much more about string selection, wood choices, tone...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: How many mandolins is considered to many ?

Just a few more!
Page 1 of 2 1 2