Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Straps for A style mandolin

I had the same question not long ago and installed a strap button on my A style. I had already decided that's what I wanted to do, so this thread was about how to do it:...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: First Mandolin Purchase

I third the Kentucky 505. Solid and workable. I found one for $300 maybe 5 years ago - then resold for the same via the classifieds.
  3. Replies
    Views

+1 for Robert @ Folkmusician. Good setups included in the price, straight shooter, knowledgeable, will try his best to answer any questions. I've bought two mandos from him. NFI.
    - Bill
  4. Replies
    Views

You should learn some fiddle tunes, then, on top of a "this is how you hold the thing" book.

I'd suggest starting with the Mandolin Picker's Fakebook if you want to learn with tab, or the...
  5. Replies
    Views

You can also get a lot of instruction from YouTube. Just search mandolin lessons.
  6. Replies
    Views

Good affordable beginner-intermediate mandolin, good store. You won't regret the purchase.

As Eric F. said, Mandolin for Dummies is a good book. As a former trumpet player myself, I didn't...
  7. Replies
    Views

You could over think this like most of us but with the 505 from Folkmusician you should have an excellent mandolin. You should be able to expect it to be well setup and sound good.
  8. Replies
    Views

+1 for the km505. It's a good mando for the $$. I owned one for a while--one of several Kentucky's.
  9. Replies
    Views

If you are not addicted to bluegrass, you might consider a flat top. A flat top can often provide really great build quality at an affordable price.

There are two Big Muddy mahogany M-11s in the...
  10. Replies
    Views

The KM-505 is an excellent instrument and Folkmusician is highly regarded. Go for it.

You might try Don Julin's "Mandolin for Dummies" to get you started.