by Nick Pooch
    Replies
    Views

Re: A Question?

There is no way
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Wish I had money..

Start an expensive seminar on Brotherly Love. There's 10,000 of your neighbors that don't know anything about it!

If that doesn't work open up a cheesesteak shack. You'll be swimming in...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: The Travelin' McCourys

Last night I was at that Del and Dawg show. Dawg said Ronnie is the best bluegrass mandolin player right now. For the dawg to even think let alone say that, that means a lot! I thought that was...
  4. Looking for Mandolin/Guitar Duos to listen to.

Not quite sure where to put this. Even understand its a bit of a needy thread seeing as how I have no reward. But I seem to have figured out that I can learn more from listening to how a mandolin...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: What Were Those Guitarists Thinking?!

But what I think this list achieves, and I'd add achieves damn well. Is appeasing to it's known audience. That's 10 songs the frequents oughta know well. I'd be surprised if guitarplayer.com's main...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What's your action like?

Thread MVP. I laughed
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin on Vinyl

Playing it Straight is a helluva record! Unfortunately I can't say I have that Rosetta record by the Don. Ima have to find it.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: If you could play with ANYONE....

Jethro burns and steve goodman! They combined everything I love with music when they collabed.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Pat Metheny's double-neck and then some...

you think he just uses a modified casket for a case?
  10. Re: Dave Rawlings Machine doing "Off to California".

He'd have to pay royalties to Robert Plant then though.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Father & son play together

Cool stuff! He started playing bluegrass and got a haircut. Was there any relation with the two?
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Howard Morris 2 point inbound!

I'm a proud Morris mandolin owner. You're gonna really enjoy this mandolin and the attention to detail on his work. Look forward to hearing when you get it.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Hang Me Oh Hang Me

I always played Hang me, oh Hang me in the key of C. I think it lends itself to my mandolin better that way. I get one of those good F chords that-a-way

If you havent seen the movie "Inside...
  14. Re: Bluegrass/folk duet featuring mandolin/guitar "Orphan Girl"

Nice job! But Im a bit confused, is a folk deut something like a bakers dozen?
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Acoustic Deadhead band audio

You guys rule! I paused listening to rarities dead for this. No regrets :mandosmiley:
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: paper plate + tape = tone guard

What I do is I buy the really thick paper plates and put them through the dish washer once. It really opens them up
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Just have to brag!

MTO4life and kevbuch, big congrats to you both! Some awesome instruments you're getting. Happy playing and PLEASE tone down the bragging ;) (since there's no universal sarcastic font a wink will...