Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Andrew and Emily of Watchhouse Band hit by car in crosswalk

Entire tour cancelled. Not surprising.

p/CcIyaq4uu6x
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Roland White death?

I'm so sad Roland White is gone from this world. My mandolin playing and my relationship with my audience and "the world" might have been poorer were it not for Roland He was the first person I...
  3. Thread: New music

by roberto
    Replies
    Views

New music

Hi amigos!
    I thought you may like to listen to some songs from our upcoming album.
    Traditional Spanish tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGACvT-1Ik&t

https://youtu.be/5Ct8nC8S0sg
  4. Replies
    Views

NMD Pomeroy Oval

This has been in the works for a few months. It arrived today and it's spectacular. The neck shape/size is perfect--extremely comfortable and fast and easy to get around on. Don made it custom for me...
  5. Re: Quarantine Collaboration - (and appreciation)

I loved your duet played on your mandos! Great job. It is hard to line these up. We have been doing virtual worship band videos in this way for online services and it has been fun but the timing...
  6. Re: Quarantine Collaboration - (and appreciation)

Larry, if you had all the mandos I sold over the years, you wouldn't have any room left in your house. :)) You got 2 of the really good ones though. I really enjoy hearing the Passernig being played...
  7. Re: Quarantine Collaboration - (and appreciation)

Very cool! I really enjoyed that and nice story.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Quarantine Collaboration - (and appreciation)

That’s a really nice collaboration! You both sound great-lovely tone and really creative melodic ideas. The pace suits the tune well and all the playing, rhythm, melody and harmony, is fresh and very...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Recently completed

Looks like I bungled the attachments on the first post, and posted the mandolin in the third post twice. Here are the (correct) photos of the mandolin described in the first post,...
  10. Replies
    Views

Here is a mandocello in Engelmann spruce and curly maple. Curly maple and bocote binding, w/ curly maple outermost. Trim is W/African ebony. Finish is NC lacquer, w. a...
  11. Replies
    Views

This mandolin was built on spec, a by-product of last year's GAL convention. I went to dinner w/ Guitar luthier Steve Kinnaird, his wife, and his shop co-worker. I snatched up...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Octave

Go Advanced and enter the video number in the red YouTube icon:

OSqaBLIv3fI
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Octave

Here 'ya go, nice playing and it's great to see an OM available now at this price range!:

KdIrohva1I4&feature=youtu.be
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: 1998 Gavin Baird A4

An Eggplant F5 here...
    Wonderful mandolin...
  15. Replies
    Views

I was sad when he retired from building. I always loved his design aesthetic. Enjoy that sweet mandolin!

Jamie
  16. Replies
    Views

I had my eye on this one, congrats! I love Gavin's work and his "eggplant" finish just might be an inspiration for a forthcoming build I have coming up. Enjoy!

Sean
  17. Thread: Pava A5 Mandolin

by GRW3
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pava A5 Mandolin

Steve is a great teacher. It was tough missing out this year but I needed to catch up on guitar. He's very patient and very good at dealing with the usual varying level of skill in a typical class. ...
  18. Thread: Pava A5 Mandolin

by Tobin
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pava A5 Mandolin

I had him as an instructor earlier this year, and I thought he was great. Very personable and helpful. He helped me a lot with my specific issues that I wanted to address, and I'm still using some...
  19. Matheu Watson, mandolinist and multi-instrumentalist

Every so often a rare talent surfaces, and in Scotsman Matheu Watson we are seeing and hearing quite wonderful new music on a wide range of instruments. His latest recording "Dunrobin Place" is a...