Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Tailwater TW-F5 mandolin video

Hey Mandolin folks!
    We've had several requests for a video of our Tailwater TW-F5 mandolin.
    We asked our buddy Greg Schochet to record something for us and I think you'll like it as much as we do!...
  2. Re: 30 Bluegrass Tunes EVERY Mandolinist Should Know(D Benedict)

first time ever i saw Roanoke played on a mandolin was the below video. i had not started attempting to learn mandolin but was at that time contemplating trying to learn and was "looking around on...
  3. Re: What’s going through your mind during a solo?

It changes with experience, at least it did for me.
    Starting out I was thinking about what to play, often note for note practiced solos, and if I missed a note or phrase it would throw me off for...
  4. Re: What’s going through your mind during a solo?

Mostly whether or not I’m contributing anything musically pleasing to serve the song, or anything entertaining for the audience - or I’m thinking about the notes I’m flubbing, lol

Generally, I’ve...
  5. Re: multi-instrumentalists: how do you manage your time?

I don’t, I am entirely ruled by my passions, and I have no control over what I will do next.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Astroturf Noise

It isn’t for me.
    Not passing judgement on their musicianship or on the music, I just don’t enjoy listening to it.
    I’m not usually fond of discordant experimental stuff, regardless of genre.
    It...
  7. Replies
    Views

On the back deck

Sitting on the deck playing my Capek A5. And looking North .....
    We have all had some trying times but don't forget to look up!
  8. Replies
    Views

Pre NAMM discussion

Headed to the Winter NAMM Show tomorrow. Have a few things on my list to visit but always interested in what others than can't attend might wish to hear or see.

Visits I make every year, not in...
  9. Thread: Barre chords

by bradlaird
    Replies
    Views

Re: Barre chords

I wrote an article in 2005 on this very topic and my approach. Maybe it will help some. It is certainly useful if you want to crack walnuts with your 3rd and 4th finger or if for some strange reason...
  10. Thread: Barre chords

by Tobin
    Replies
    Views

Re: Barre chords

I've got small fingers, and can't cleanly fret two adjacent courses at the same fret with one fingertip. So when playing an Am or Bm chord shape (2235 or 4457), I have to barre the lower strings. ...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM-1000 vs. KM-1500

Yes based on what was reported in another thread, no more varnish models are expected any more as Kentucky decided to stop using varnish and went back to nitro. I would have loved to snatch up one...