Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Any info on this Banjo Mandolin

Allen, thank you for your quick and informative reply.
  2. Visiting Master Instrument Maker Steve Gilchrist

125613 I drove for around 2 and half hours out of Melbourne yesterday to visit Steve Gilchrist , Master instrument maker.He was doing the final touches to a bunch of instruments he is taking to...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Dawg Funk on Fridays TV show

Is that Kramer doing the intro?
  4. Thread: 1906 f4

by davidb1
    Replies
    Views

Re: 1906 f4

Well obviously it's worth what someone's willing to pay.I was more curious as to whether anyone would put a figure on it.
    Re the brass(gold) machine heads..there is another of the same vintage here...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Paul Bigsby Mandolin

I have received some new photos with lots of detail.I believe this instrument will be placed up for sale with a major auction house very soon,although I have nothing at all to do with the sale of...
  6. Replies
    Views

Hey, it's got 4 more strings than the guitar that sold for $266..thats got to be worth something..:mandosmiley:

fantastic providence that letter though I thought
  7. Replies
    Views

mrmando:the mandolin is in the US.Yes,I have no doubt that the instrument is authentic,and yes , it is a very valuable instrument.My friend has just supplied these details.The mandolin is no.4 that...
  8. Replies
    Views

Paul Bigsby Mandolin

A friend of mine knows the owner of this..Originally owned by his Dad.
    I thought some might appreciate this ..106405106406
  9. Re: The never ending search for an in tune mandolin... continued

I hear you, and I feel your pain.To my perfect ear and brain , the shorter the scale, the more potential there is for harmonic violation...Ok , so how to resolve this dilema..tune for the key of the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin set up in Australia?

I have had Brendan from Real Guitars do lots of work and he is very good.Jim Cargil from Cargil guitars in Seaford is also excellent