Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: New string formula?

I also mourn the loss of EXP strings. I just put on a set of the XTs. My initial impression is that they sound more muted than the EXPs. Also, since I used the medium EXPs on my MT, I also feel the...
  2. Ever just love the sound of your mandolin?

I was playing my Collings MT and just loved the sound of it. Not my playing, but the sound of this mandolin. I am using D'Addario EXPs that I still have and every note sounds so nice. The flat keys...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Considering a Blue Chip Pick?

The first time I strummed my mandolin using the Blue Chip pick, both my wife (who doesn't play) and my daughter (who plays guitar) came into the room and said, "What is that?!!!" They heard the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: More mellow sounding strings for my MT?

Who sells the Monel? I looked at Just Strings and they don't seem to carry them.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: More mellow sounding strings for my MT?

Thank you all for your replies. I should mention I am using a Blue Chip pick, can't remember the number but it's the one that's closest to a 1.5 primetone in shape. I do seem to notice that as I play...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: any jams near Savannah,GA?

Clark, I'm glad you felt welcomed and included in the jam. You have much more talent than you give yourself credit for. I hope you find some folks to jam with. We are on similar quests as I look for...
  7. Re: chords to Travelin Down this Lonesome Road

Thank you Ivan. That gets me in the ballpark. It's a little more difficult to get the chords not already on top of the words, but if I take it slowly and use the pause button, I believe I'll get...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Jams around Savannah, GA?

Yes, thanks. He has a jam on Saturdays. I'm hoping for a few more if possible.
  9. Replies
    Views

Another Blue Chip pick convert

Well,having received some money at Christmas time I decided to go on a buy a blue chip pick, TP 60. I can't believe the difference! I have been using a Wegen 1.5 and been very happy. But the tone and...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Are you sure this works?

Mike, your map started at Albuquerque. Is that where you are?
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Sales Scam to be aware of....

When this scam was attempted on us, we gave the check to our local sheriff's department.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Wegen Picks

I just received my TF 1.5 and I think it's now my #1 pick. The sound and volume is excellent and I am very happy with how it feels in my hand. Well worth the money!
  13. Re: Anyone have the sheet music for "Whispering"?

Thanks so much! The tenor banjo site has the basic notes to get me started. Now I just have to play with it. Thanks, again.
  14. Replies
    Views

Thank you Jim Dunlop company!!

I have been trying to find an inexpensive string winder for my mandolin and, after 1 email to the Jim Dunlop company, they kindly sent me one of their gel string winders for free! It fits my mandolin...
  15. What's the closest Wegen pick to a large, triangular 1.5?

I am looking at the Wegen picks and would like their pick with the holes for grips. I'm having trouble figuring out their thickness. I have been using the Primetone 1.5 large triangle and really like...
  16. Chords to "Traveling Down this Lonesome ROad"?

Does anyone have a website that would give me the chords to this Bill Monroe song? I've got the words, but the way I'm hearing the chords didn't jive with the other musicians at our jam. I have...
  17. Replies
    Views

Blue River Waltz sheet music

I wasn't sure where to put this, so it ended up here. Does anyone have the standard notation for the Blue River Waltz? I heard it played by Jay Ungar and Molly, I don't remember her last name. It's a...
  18. Re: Any Ideas On Any Jazz Mandolin Players To Listen To?

Did I miss someone saying, "Dave Appollon"?