Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Played a killer mandolin tonight!

Nic the mandolin belonged to my banjo players brother. He just bought it not too many months ago from Janet Davis. It played perfectly! I asked him if he had to have it set up when he got it and he...
  2. Replies
    Views

Played a killer mandolin tonight!

Man I played a great great mandolin tonight! 1st one of the Harvey signed Gibson F5G that I've played! Had heard a lot about them but man I was blown away by the sheer volume and killer tone! Talking...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New to me Haynes mandolin

Jerry and I are great friends! He lives here in Harlan County Ky. I've owned 3 of his mandolins and all were really good mandolins. I still own #2 and I also had him build me an A style F hole...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Martin D-18 or 28?

My thoughts too! It's best to have at least one of each so that all the bases are covered!
  5. Re: Got MAS? - Stay Away From The Classifieds; It's Rockin Right

Killer deal on the Bretrup,I see someone has snatched it up.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Janet Davis Acoustic Music

I have a friend in Louisiana that just purchased a new Gibson F5G from them last week and he couldn't be happier both with the mandolin and the service provided.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mixed Feelings...

When I first started picking about 30 years ago my Grandfather was a huge fan of Bill.He lived just a few minutes from Beanblossom,and wouldn't miss any of Bill's shows.When we would get together he...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: My visit to The Gray Mandolin Shop

I have no financial interest whatsoever to start with.As I have said on here before,I have the 1st mandolin that Johnny built.I have to admit that it has a couple flaws in the binding and maybe some...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: My visit to The Gray Mandolin Shop

Thanks Shawn for a wonderful post relaying my feelings to perfection as well.
  10. Re: My Gibson Varnished Fern in action...thanks for watching!

CCR is one of my all time favorite groups.I've always loved that song.You certainly do a fine job singing it and I love the picking as well.By the way that is a strong sounding mandolin too.Very...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: What else am i missing out on!!!?

I really like The Bluegrass Album Band.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard Birdseye F5

The more I see and hear these beautiful mandolins the bigger fan I become.I too hope you enjoy it.I'd sure like to have one like that.
  13. Re: Affect on the value of a quality mandolin with custom inlays

You might consider a nice truss rod cover with some designs in it or maybe your name on it.Those made out of Mother of pearl can be quite appealing.I have notice some who have designs or their name...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: The first song you learned

Bile em cabbage down.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield vs. Gibson F5G

I'll take one of each please.I'm dreaming now,but it sure would be nice to own both.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: A new Newell A

That's the nicest wood i've ever seen on the neck.absolutley stunning!
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Really makes ya think...

I have a friend that was interested in learning to play the guitar or mandolin.I purchased this very guitar mando combo for $99 with free shipping.Just as was mentioned in previous comments both...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: A great new mandolin builder!

I love mine.its the first one he built.like it so much I have another on order.johhny is a great guy as well.no financial interest here just love great people and great mandolins.regards.