Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: About done upgrading my MD315

Nice work! I love when folks branch out and try to do things themselves. You have chosen wisely on this project. I have 3 Eastman's and they are all really nice sounding instruments, and more...
  2. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

I have great luck with this:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UniTuneClip--tc-electronic-unitune-clip-clip-on-chromatic-tuner

This is my new go-to clip-on.
  3. Re: How to set up a giveaway on this forum...

I have a winner!!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I Buy an OM

The Pono Octaves sold by the Mandolin Store are very nice, and not too pricey. I would look at those. I am very happy with my 12-fret model. I like the idea of trying to find a sound that will...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: What to do ?

Don't rule out a nice Eastman oval. I was just at the store last week, and played a very nice one they have in stock.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: The Octave has arrived..............

I played one of the Pono "14-fret" models, and just like acoustic guitars, felt the 12-fret model had a more robust bass response. And I know this will sound crazy, but the Northfield octave, with F...
  7. Replies
    Views

The Octave has arrived..............

I was on vacation last week in Arizona, and took some time to visit the Mandolin Store. I was looking to try out an octave, and was interested in the Pono line they carry there. I met up...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Nut slot fix.

Just as a follow-up to my nut slot problem, the super glue/bone dust fix worked a treat! I was able to raise the height of the one E string that was too low by using the technique suggested here. ...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: my dad and Bill Monroe

That is a cool photo. And I must say, Bill looks a little pissed off, as usual!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Silverangel

I love my 2009 "Econo" A Style. Deep, woody tone. I touched base with Ken about this Fantasma hoss!!
  11. Thread: Grommets

by Jim DeSalvio
    Replies
    Views

Re: Grommets

In all honesty, on most mandolins with a good tailpiece, most likely the grommets are not needed. I like the look of them, or the leather shoelace used by others. I bought my grommets from Elderly.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: One month with new Eastman MD315

It would not surprise me if the nut slots did not need a little "touch-up" with the appropriate nut files. Even with a great set-up, I usually have to do just a little to fine tune each slot. The...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mid Missouri/Big Muddy Mini Mo.

I have a Big Muddy, and it would be perfect for taking to work. I had Mike build one for me with a cedar top, over rosewood. I love it. Go for it!!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Setting the bridge on a mandolin

Great point on the tape. I forgot that. What I use, however, is the think double-sided tape you would use to stick something on the wall. Not only does it mark the location of the bridge, but the...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: How Can We Fight Carpal Tunnel

I treat people with this problem on a regular basis. I hate to say this, but the computer and keyboard use is not really the cause in most cases (I will duck for cover now). If you play a stringed...