Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Underrated Players?

Innvocative thread ! Honestly, to have a real conversation about "underrated" mandolin players I think you need a whole classification system....like three or four, or maybe even five categories....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Hinde Mandolins

I purchased Steve Hinde's MF #7 build here on the Cafe classifieds a couple of years ago.
    It has been my daily driver since. I've lugged it all over the country and halfway around the world. ...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Ameritage Mandolin Case?

I have one. My F style with tone guard fits fine. I get compliments on the case at jams. It's unusual and stylish. It's also a heavy tank. For festivals and traveling I use my Gator case.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: How do I get ... there?

I also started out memorizing about 20 standard fiddle tunes, but likewise feeling frustrated that I could not improvise a break. For me, a big breakthrough came about by working on closed position...
  5. Thank you Scott Tichenor - A Place in the Heart

Hello Folks-

I am very devoted to the Cafe for the past five years since taking up playing the mandolin, but I rarely post. Last month I was moved by the story posted in the forum about the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: A shout out to Matt Flinner

I have to add my accolades for Matt as a teacher. I've just finished up my second course with him, BG 102. Like anything else in life, you get out of it what you put into it. He gives you an...
  7. Replies
    Views

Bob McRree- Jade Mandolins

I own a Jade, purchased last year on the Cafe classifieds. I always wondered what happened to the builder, Bob McRee. I came across this today when I googled his name. Thought others might want to...