Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Ranieri - Art of the Mandolin

Yeah. Part 2 (3,4) have been on there a while. It’s tougher to find part 1 (1,2). Hopefully we can get it added to IMSLP.
  2. Replies
    Views

Ranieri - Art of the Mandolin

Good news for those of us in the US. The Art of the Mandolin has officially entered into the public domain. It’s a great book so I’m hoping to see some copies legally spread around now.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: "The Bickford Method for Mando-cello"

Thanks Jim. I’ll be happy to post the file in Bass Clef here later. I have one more Mandocello method book. It’s not nearly as nice as this one, but I’m considering transcribing into Dorico for...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Piccolo (Soprano) Mandolins

Those are two beautiful instruments
  5. Bickford MandoCello Method in BASS CLEF!

Finally, here for your enjoyment, is the Bass Clef Version of the Bickford Mandocello Method. I'd still say it's in draft phase, but hey, it's here and hopefully there aren't too many errors or...
  6. Replies
    Views

I made a "Smart" purchase this weekend

Took a trip to Kansas City this weekend to Bradford Company Fret Shop to pick up two new instruments. I've wanted a matched pair of a Mandolin and Mandola and I found the legendary Authur Stern...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Tchaikovsky on mandolin

I’d love to hear this piece done with the horn as a solo mandola and then the mandocello play the trombone part and a bass playing the tuba part, but it is a very nice arrangement of the pieces.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: New Bickford Mandocello Method

It's finally here. Not sure why I'm having trouble uploading the whole file itself to the board, so I just put it into 4 parts.

This is the Universal Clef version...
  9. Re: Article: Progressive Melodies for Mandocello: 40 Studies for

Yeah, I like to print mine off and bind them myself so any print on demand version is great for me. I really look forward working through them! Thank you for creating more studies for the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: New Bickford Mando-cello Method

Good news to my fellow Mandocello enthusiasts. The first draft is just about done. Everything is entered and formatted to a point, now I’m doing the rough first run through for errors. It’s in...
  11. Re: Spring Suite, May 2019 for OM or Mandocello

Great Stuff John. Very excellent.
  12. Replies
    Views

Awe heck, I'm feeling generous.

Remember, the page numbers and layouts aren't done yet, and there's no proof reading yet. So there may be errors, but it's close to what the layouts...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Bickford Mandolin Method

I will say, I certainly agree with you to a point. Having a copyright is meant to be a protection so that a persons works will not be profited by another individual and group. It was also a...
  14. Replies
    Views

to give an update pgs. 75-end are complete. most of the first 10 pages are complete also. i started working back to front since I figured those would have the most music to transcribe. if anyone...
  15. Replies
    Views

There will be a bass clef version, a g clef version (for octave), and a tab version minimum.

I'm doing this more as a labor of love right now. The plans are to get something out there that...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Bickford Mandolin Method

I know they’re not free, but the 4 Bickford are available from the django site. About $48 all together. I bought all of mine there.

The pettine is still under copyright but I have my own...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Bickford Mandocello Method

I want to thank everyone for reaching out. To let half a cat out of the bag, the reason why I’m collecting this is to reissue the original Mando-cello method (1913 copyright, it is in the public...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Classical Picks?

I play a lot of different mandolins in a classical style. The previous posts are correct. Picks can be very personal. Of the 10 mandolin members I play on, I can tell you, no two picks sound the...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Four Centuries of Solo Mandolin Music

Considering I got this book for a steal, I feel that I should at least write an honest review of this work for Neil.

First, if you like professional level classical music, there are very few...
  20. Re: Vivaldi Concerto for Violin and Mandolin

Close. Concerto for oboe and violin.

http://imslp.org/wiki/Concerto_for_Oboe_and_Violin_in_B-flat_major,_RV_548_(Vivaldi,_Antonio)

One of my favorites.
  21. Re: Just Bought a Breedlove Crossover... not my original plan at

I got a Breedlove prototype and it's by far my favorite mandolin to play. I'm with you. Let your fingers do the walking. It sounds great and plays great.
  22. Replies
    Views

"Weber" you like them big or small?

I thought in honor of the gallatin mandocello and soprano mandolin being removed from production, I'd post my two family members. They're no frills, no binding, but so much fun to play.

Now I...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Erik Satie: "Je te veux"

I think in a full mandolin orchestra, the tremolo would be a little less distinctive, so I can see those long slurred passages played that way, but for a quartet I like your musical interpretation.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Incoming: Emburgher-style Mandolin

Can't wait to see your videos with it.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Reflections

I'm taking lessons from Caterina Lichtenberg online, and yes she agrees that all down strokes should be "rest strokes" at a 45 degree angle... Now there are exceptions like fast passages and certain...
Page 1 of 2 1 2