Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

\

So I got this K1 a few months back. It plays and sounds great!
    It has a lot of well documented repairs that were done by Bernie Daniel. There is a great thread on how he repaired the sagging top....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: CMSA Newbie: Advice Needed!

Joe, Looking forward to your blues workshop this year.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Not much of a mando culture in my area

Definitely none here in southern NM. I know of only 2 other people here in town that have a mandolin. I have been able to get with one and play a few duets (mostly John Goodin tunes :D ) and the...
  4. Re: 2018 Convention of the Classical Mandolin Society of America

Only 2 weeks until the convention!
    Like a kid at Christmas....Can't hardly wait for it to get here, and will be over too soon.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: UPS "Grind" Delivery

Nice mandolin. I've never played one myself, but I've heard quite a few. They all sounded wonderful. I'm sure yours will too
  6. Thread: Case covers

by John Uhrig
    Replies
    Views

Re: Case covers

I ended up buying a double tennis racquet bag for my old Gibson. It fit perfect and now when I travel I'll have a shoulder strap to carry it.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Lets Talk Eastman Line.

Love my Eastmans! ....I've had my 514 for 11 years now....It's a keeper
    Have had my bowlback for 2 1/2....It's been my daily player since I got it.
    Sound, ease of play, fit & finish are great on...
  8. Re: 2018 Convention of the Classical Mandolin Society of America

Got my room booked...looking into flights.
    My 12 year old son wants to go and play this year too !
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Yamaha bowlback

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=52733&d=1242053407
    Looks just like mine that has no name. I've also seen these labeled as Ibanez.
    Mine plays nicely....a little thin...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: William Bates, Eighteen Duettinos

Thanks for the new tunes that you share with us every week.
  11. Re: CMSA 2016 Convention, November 11/2-11/6, Valley Forge, PA

Just wanted to say what a great convention the CMSA put on in Philiadelphia this year. Wonderful concerts by The Modern Mandolin Quartet, The Munier Mandolin & Guitar Orchestra and The Philadelphia...
  12. Re: Jordan Ramsey wins the mandolin competition at Winfield!

Congrtulations ! So......did you play the Calace preludes that you have been working on ??
  13. Re: Recent Recordings of Classical Music on Mandolin?

As a member of the CMSA and a cover to cover reader of the Mandolin Journal, I seem to always read Robert's reviews first. They are insightful and well written. I have made many of my recording...
  14. Re: Video - Oswald and new Embergher-style mandolin

Very nicely played ! I have John's self-published book of these pieces. Number VI in my book is in Bb. A little more difficult for me to play than the version you did. Might just have to order...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a Picture of Your Bowlback (or any others)

My Eastman Bowlback. I've had it for just a little over 2 months now. Liking it more everyday. 144936144937144938
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New Eastman Bowlback

https://youtu.be/N8VvS1YzQJQ
    A little Vivaldi on the new Eastman
  17. Thread: Steve howe

by John Uhrig
    Replies
    Views

Re: Steve howe

Yes and solo Steve Howe are some of my favorites. To get a little more obscure.... Eddie Jobson plays mandolin and looks like Dave Pegg is playing an octave on the song Skating Away on the Jethro...
  18. Replies
    Views

New Eastman Bowlback

Just received my new Eastman From Bernunzio's. They were great to work with! I also got the fiberglass case too. This mandolin really rings! It is strung up with the Calace RW92. They are a little...
  19. Re: Exploring Classical Mandolin: Technique & Repertoire

Just received my copy yesterday. Looks like I'm going to be busy for awhile. The book is nicely laid out.
    Thanks for all the hard work that you put into it August
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Round wound VS flat wound

I've been using the TI mediums on my Eastman 514 for the last 5 years. Was the best move that I ever made with this mandolin. Zero intonation problems and they ride nice and close to the frets so...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: classical setup and such

I was bitten by the classical bug a few years back.
    I have bought, downloaded and copied ( with permission ) as much music and old method books as I can lay my hands on. I like old books!
    I put...