Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Slothead guitar-shaped octave?

More than many people realize.
    I've made about a half dozen guitars with this peghead. Who knows how many total instruments I could have made in the time it took!
  2. Replies
    Views

I like the look of a slot head. The string changing doesn’t bother me. But as a builder they are more work.
  3. Replies
    Views

Tuner choices may be limited, but surely something will work.
    Don't expect any sound difference attributable to the slotted peghead.
    Please pay your luthier for the extra work involved in the...
  4. Re: Is it true that Frank Wakefield can talk backwards?

"Y'all come again when y' cain't stay so long!"
  5. Re: Is it true that Frank Wakefield can talk backwards?

"Do you want me to kick this one off, or should I start it?"
    or, "What key of Bb should we play this one?"
    There's millions more.
  6. Replies
    Views

More tenors leaving the workshop

There should be a few of these heading out to their new owners before the year ends.

Here is the first - A Session King with numerous upgrades which will be heading out to Canada.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Comparison/impressions of Guitar Body OMs?

If you like your Pono you can keep your eyes open for the shorter scale model. I certainly enjoy mine with the tenor size body and 21" scale!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Comparison/impressions of Guitar Body OMs?

I have a Northfield flattop GBOM with Sitka & Walnut that I love. I like the 20" scale of my Weber OM but it doesn't have the resonance of the longer scale. I've never played a 21" scale for...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: I need some advice!

To raise the action on a fixed bridge mandolin, you usually only need to add a thin shim beneath the saddle - ideally hardwood or possibly hard plastic will do - but the Trinity College doesn’t have...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Kaufman kamp

Big time excellent! This will be year 12 for me. Wouldn't miss it for the world!
  11. Replies
    Views

Incoming new build

I should have this in a few weeks. Cedar top with maple purfling, mahagony and maple back, mahagony neck and 650mm scale. better pics soon I hope200540200541
  12. Re: Gibson is preparing to sell NFTs of its most famous models

Wow this is just embarrassing for them. When you池e chasing digital trends instead of making investments in what you are known for, run for the hills
  13. Re: Gibson is preparing to sell NFTs of its most famous models

You know, the world is just getting way too complicated.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Frank Wakefield

Unique in his humor and idiosyncrasies, but very rooted in traditional bluegrass. Some have called Wakefield the "wild man of bluegrass," but a lot of his stuff is just very competent Monroe-based...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Cullng the herd

I suspect he had an ulterior motive. His collection is incomplete.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Dallas / Ft. Worth, TX spots?

Garland square still going, weather permitting. Sons of Herman Hall on Thursday night in Deep Ellum is closed for now but hopeful that it will open back up soon when the bars open.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: who wouldn't want one of these?

Sarcasm aside, where else are you finding a five-course electric "mandocello?" Back in my army days, I purchased a Univox Asian-made electric semi-hollow-body 12-string guitar at a music store near...
  18. Re: Who thinks a Mandolin Cafe Patch would be a Good Idea?

I am no judge of what would be a good idea. That said, I would by several.
  19. Re: Who thinks a Mandolin Cafe Patch would be a Good Idea?

I had a Mandolin Cafe sticker on a couple of my hard cases , along with several festival and luthier stickers, but pretty much always use TGI Extreme (sorry for plug) gig bags now.

I guess a...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for instructor in Boulder

If you're asking me, I don't know. I live in Montana but I suspect its pretty good.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Calton Cases - in pictures

I honestly don't know and wouldn't want to give you bad info. As you mentioned the specs should be easy to find, I would call, but that's just me. FWIW, both companies are in Austin and have a very...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Jp cormier

Jp Cormier has been busy during lockdown. This online performance basically features his guitar playing - and indeed his guitars.
    But honestly, his playing is amazing..

23. Replies
    Views

Re: Article on Chief O誰eil

While researching the origins of the tune Sgt. Early's Dream, I learned that Chief O'Neill hired quite a few members of the Chicago police force primarily because of their love of and ability to play...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Newbie from Texas says Howdy

Steve Hartz is the name you forgot. He's a fine mandolin player with a lot of other talents as well.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Norman Blake Tunes

Wow Mike, awesome picking and great sounding mandolin! Thanks for sharing with us. :mandosmiley:

Joe, that would be awesome. Palmer is just a quick stop off 45 about 15 minutes south of the...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4