Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman mandolin factory (video)

I've posted my thoughts on here before on 'why should we' be surprised at the skill of Chinese workers. In a similar manner to the Japanese,they've had many,many hundreds of years to practice their...
  2. Replies
    Views

Check out this sweet mandocello

NFI - This Gernandt mandocello sounds so nice. And the quilted back and sides really make it eye catching.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: The Dark Side (Banjo)

I have two mando banjos. It's my main instrument for now. I also took 5-string banjo lessons for two years before going to mando two years ago. I think I have the best of both worlds.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Tone-Gard Love!!!

I thought about getting one as I know it makes a big difference. The issue I have is, I know it will not fit in my case with it on the instrument. I'm not a fan of taking things on and off every time...
  5. J.S.BACH - Concerto in A minor 1- 2 mov Jacob Reuven - Mandolin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6iNfPuK8A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5uMD3_FiU

J.S.BACH - Concerto in A minor 2 mov - Jacob Reuven - Mandolin & TLV Soloist

6. FreeMandolinVideos.com now Mandolin Compass

The Watch & Learn series of video lessons by Brad Laird is now located at Mandolin Compass. The content (free and premium lessons) is the same but we have a new address and name.

We've always been...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: When you start to get worse

I've experienced similar. Can be caused by a variety of issues:
    1) trying to play too fast
    2) tired muscles
    3) tired brain
    4) trying to learn too many new tunes whereas previous tunes not quite...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Should a beginner buy electric mandolin?

I have a Kentucky solid body 4-string electric, and as others already said, it's a nice practice tool when an acoustic would be too loud. I practice without headphones, the acoustic sound is loud...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Banjos Group

Aww dang! I was going for witty not bad. I'll try harder next time. ;-)
  10. Replies
    Views

Finally, a group of people who will appreciate my MB-4! Most everyone in the band, and definitely everyone in the house, scatters to the winds whenever I open the case ... Should I take it...
  11. Replies
    Views

I guess I better find that group or else change my avatar.
  12. Replies
    Views

I suddenly found a use for my mando-banjo (or manjo?) - it makes a great jazz banjo. I like it better than the tenor banjo because it's pitched higher. I tried it yesterday with two friends who were...
  13. Replies
    Views

Good luck to you! I think the mandolin-banjo is a much maligned and misunderstood instrument; I own two of them a Vega Little Wonder and a no-name that was a gift, and while I don't play them...
  14. Vittorio Monti: Mandoline Louis XV (w/ score)

Vittorio Monti (1868-1922): Mandoline Louis XV

This piece was written as a trio for two mandolins and guitar by Vittorio Monti, composer of the famous Czardas. No opus number of date of...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: New Gig: Restaurant Mandolinist

Set List:

1 O Happy Day Instr. G
    2 That's Amore Instr. A
    3 Live Oak Park Instr. Am
    4 Godfather Theme Instr. Dm
    5 Limehouse Blues Instr. G
    6 Never My Love Instr. D
    7 Santa Lucia ...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: You Newbies Have It Made

I know what you mean although learning the mandolin is still a challenge (at least for me), anyhow, this thread reminded me of this Monty Python sketch a little (in the nicest possible way) :)

17. Thread: Thanks Button?

by G7MOF
    Replies
    Views

Thanks Button?

How many of you posters take notice of the thanks comment button presses in your posts. (Just a thought)?

(SORRY POSTED IN THE WRONG AREA)!!!
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe Crossing

They are an EXCELLENT band! Well worth going to hear if they are in your area. Lloyd lives up here, so everywhere you go you see LaPlant mandolins or guitars at jams and performances. Every last...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Tone Rite

Still, no reason to admonish someone in public. We can do better. This is a forum for discussion. Best to treat people with respect. I see no reason to indicate any trouble is being stirred other...
  20. some Weber Octave mandolin with Sierra Hull

some real good stuff here folks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESv0njSXX3A
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Best way to learn? I need some advice!

Amazing Slow Downer has a free version, and I believe the free version of Audacity has the same capability.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: How long did it take?

Timely subject for me. This is the cusp of my 3 year mandoliniversery.

I still consider myself a beginner. Probably an advanced beginner, but I'm not ready to call myself intermediate.

Where...
  23. Replies
    Views

St Kilda mandolin

Finally managed to get to the remote Hebridean archipelago of St Kilda, and played a tune there, The St Kilda Wedding, on my old Sobell mandolin.

Here is our beautiful topsail schooner...
  24. Thread: My 'new' bowlback

by Tavy
    Replies
    Views

Re: My 'new' bowlback

MysTik, the instrument that Terry bought from me is the one in this thread.

Seems like all the Ceccherini's had a second soundboard suspended below the top, so far I've had 3 Ceccherini's and...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: My 'new' bowlback

That was a patented system by Ceccherini and not found in any other bowlbacks. It's very much like the Virzi in Loar-era Gibsons, except 20-odd years earlier -- a thin unvarnished sheet of spruce...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3