Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: How do YOU play the C section of Jerusalem Ridge?

I learned this version as well and highly recommend the lesson. His by ear lessons are a great learning experience and reasonably priced.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: 1980s Kentucky 1500 marketprice

If you do a search in the classifieds you will see one with an asking price of $2,550.
  3. Re: Has anyone heard about a crazy mandolinist named Frank Wakefi

I believe Frank Wakefield wrote the tune New Camptown Races.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Bounce Away Transcription

This is a really great mandolin tune. I learned the tune from a transcription by AlanN in the key of A that I got off the Mandolin Cafe. Thanks for sharing your transcription.
  5. Re: Why do some higher end mandos return to the market so quickly

Given the number and geographic dispersion of higher end mandolin builders and retailers, I would think that more than 50% are bought without the buyer having the opportunity to play the mandolin...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Changing strings

Assuming it would fit, you might want to get a James tailpiece and the problem will go away.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Wade's Welcome To Inverness

Well played and a beautiful sounding instrument! Thanks for posting.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Why is the A string always jacked up?

I don't agree that it is set-up with my instruments. All my instruments are set-up by very highly regarded luthiers and play very well.

It is usually the open A strings on the mandolin that go...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Why is the A string always jacked up?

I was told by a luthier that it is usually the thickest guage steel strings that are the hardest to keep in tune. Besides the A strings on my mandolins, I find the G string on my Telecaster and the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: "New" KM-DAWG

For the record, Halifax isn’t exactly the frozen north. Still no snow here and being on the coast when it does snow, it tends not to hang around too long unless it is snows during late January...
  11. Re: What’s the nicest mandolin you’ve ever seen?

My 2007 Kimble F5
  12. Re: How is Tuning Drift with Rubner Tuning Machine

I have Rubner tuners on my 80’s Kentucky F mandolin. They would be a few years old and stay in tune well and turn easy. Usually tuning is required only when the humidity level changes. Otherwise,...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: 2008 Kimble A5 #143

Congratulations, It looks like it is new.

I have #124 (07 F5) and it is a great mandolin.

Enjoy!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: MIJ KM1000 vx Dawg

I had an 84 KM-Dawg that was stellar sounding. However, I found my hands would cramp a fair bit and I sold it.

I have an 85 KM-650. It is a good sounding mandolin but not on the same level as...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Fret Material / Type Differences

I have the 0.043 on my Kentucky KM 650 and the 0.037 on my Kimble F5. To be honest I don’t think I would have noticed the difference if it wasn’t pointed out to me by the luthier who refretted the...
  16. Re: What strings have you tried on your Kimble?

John Pearse Phosphor Bronze set# 2160 (12,15,26,40) are the strings I use on my 2007 Kimble F5. I like 12’s on the high e strings.

I use set# 2170 (12,16,26,40) on my 80’s Japanese made Kentucky...
  17. Re: Oil varnish with a french polish-best way to clean?

To remove hazing, Will Kimble advised me to use Novus #2 on my Kimble F5 which is French polished.

He said to put a dime sized drop on a clean cloth and rub it into the cloth before applying. Do...
  18. Thread: Kimble F5

by Kirk Higgins
    Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble F5

Enjoy, I became a Kimble F5 owner last summer and have been playing it a lot. It sounded great when I got it and sounds even better after being played regularly for the last six months. Look forward...
  19. Re: New restrictions on pearl and abalone into Canada

I also purchased an American made Nash T52 in 2015 from Gryphon Stringed Instruments. The cost of the instrument was $1,800 US. It was shipped to Canada by Gryphon using US Postal Service. The...
  20. Re: New restrictions on pearl and abalone into Canada

I imported a Kimble F5 into Canada via a Canadian musical instrument store in August. There were no duties or customs fees charged. I paid HST on the purchase price I had negotiated with the US...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking at an early Kimble

If it helps your decision process, I also like in Canada (Halifax) and took the leap in July to purchase my 2007 Kimble F5. No regrets at all. I am very pleased with the decision. I have not seen...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking at an early Kimble

I have a 2007 F5 (#124) that I think is pretty stellar but I haven’t played many high end mandolins other than an 84 Kentucky DAWG that I used to own several years ago.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Mike Compton’s approach to rhythm

Awesome and thanks for sharing!
  24. Re: Sierra Hull & Sam Bush - Turkey in the Straw Transcription

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiHtLH37JL0AhVNU98KHfVADcIQyCl6BAgMEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2hoMlSs2Fwc&usg=AOvVaw1gSfaay8t4QQzh-ft8u...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: New NMD - Collings

Very nice, enjoy!
Page 1 of 2 1 2