Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Hidden D'Addario Micro Tuners....

I was able to install the tuner Geno links to without an issue on my Collings. I love it. No adhesive and no clip to look at.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Hidden D'Addario Micro Tuners....

Nice experimentation :)

Still, adhesive on your finish makes me nervous.

Your flatiron has some lovely flame!
  3. Replies
    Views

NMD Pava Pro

I am happy to share my new mandolin from the Mandolin Store. This is my Pava Pro Deluxe A5, with a varnish finish, torrefied top, one piece back, gold James tailpiece, gold Gotoh Tuners, ebony...
  4. Re: Amazing video of Josh Luttrell finishing an Ellis

Go Advanced, young man.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Live From Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbciFHgiy5Y
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Flatiron catalog on eBay

Eric, that is cool. I’ve never seen that “pancake” brochure. From the ebay pics it looks like the also have the carved top brochure tucked inside.

That may be the same one (1985) that I have. It...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Replacement Tuner Buttons

I'm assuming your read the part about the bushing under the post. That's a recent addition to the Gotoh tuners. When Paul built that page they weren't there yet. The only way to determine Saga from...
  8. Replies
    Views

2020 X-Series -- The new Sorensen SX

This past year, as I have been refining my check list for updates to the Sorensen X-Series mandolins, I knew that I wanted to do a build for an instrument which featured the traits of the original...
  9. Re: Replacing the Tailpiece on my Flatiron (would like original)

If it was me I would use the Greg Boyd Prucha tailpiece. There's a good chance your cover will fit this base.
  10. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Two posts up.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Web based backing track tool?

I really like flatpick apprentice, but I think you are asking about strum machine.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Are these legit gotoh MF-40's?

An interesting post by Cafe member Desert Rose. Scott has been living and working in the music industry in Japan for decades as a consultant in the business. When he speaks of Mr. Gotoh he is a...
  13. Re: Making Real Wood Buttons for Gotoh Tuners...

Looking great Scott!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Carters and Gruhns...visit yesterday

for a slightly different perspective, I MOST CERTAINLY want you to try out anything from my shop
  15. Spring String Gathering, Baraboo, WI, Clarion Hotel, 4/12-14/19

Hope you can make it to our Spring String Gathering and Jam Fest!!!! April 12-14, 2019

WEBLINK: www.stringgathering.com

The Baraboo Clarion Hotel venue will have multiple jam areas always...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: illegible parlor guitar label

Cincinnatus was a Wurlitzer brand name. Here's one on Jake Wildwood's page with an intact label.

Here's another picture of the label.
  17. Information about Weber, Flatiron and Gibson Instruments

We recently discovered players can no longer obtain information on Weber instruments built prior to 2013 from the Weber company. Mary and I would be happy to help with any questions or concerns you...
  18. Replies
    Views

My take on Bach's G Minor Adagio

Hello! I just posted a new video yesterday playing the Adagio from Bach's G Minor Sonata. I will be trying to post a video every month of a new Bach piece that I've been working on. Enjoy this...
  19. Re: Making Real Wood Buttons for Gotoh Tuners...

I think you could make acceptable square holes by drilling a hole of diameter .005" or so above the width of the square shaft, then supporting the knob in a "soft jaw" fixture (just a piece of wood...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Help me evaluate a peghead?

'Would't be an F5 if something was't busted up or repaired on the heastock....
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Flatiron Archive

Here's some other FLat history links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Kf6jyBuak

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/1208-PreGibson-Flatiron-History
  22. Replies
    Views

Scott R: I will send you pics of my 1983 A5-2 when I get home. BTW you have misspelled Bozeman.
  23. Replies
    Views

That is a nice one. Good work on the site. I like all the photos.

There was a guy who had started a Flatiron archive/list but I will have to search for it.

The Carlson signed Bozemans are...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis Archive - We need your help!

I’ve got an Ellis A oval hole, #187-10. I think it was Mr. Ellis’ first oval and photographs of it are posted on his website. I’ll try to take some pictures myself.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis Archive - We need your help!

I can size them to whatever you’d like. Just thought you might like them “sized to go” to avoid having to re-save JPGs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2