Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Sold my Collings and got a Pava

The more I play it the more I love it. This is the first instrument that I have ever bought on line that stuck. Tonight I played with a bass , big Gibson acoustic, electric guitar drum kit and a...
  2. Replies
    Views

I can honestly see why it would be totally ok to have both the Collings and the Pava. They are different enough. I have always preferred a warm sound but there is a lot to say about the focus and...
  3. Replies
    Views

This is interesting.. i have always loved a lush warm full sounding instrument, it never occurred to me that they would disappear in a group setting.. so i brought my pava to my group for the first...
  4. Replies
    Views

Sold my Collings and got a Pava

A while ago... over a year, i made my first post here about my struggle with the neck and sound of Collings MT. I was not in love with it but decided to stick with it. This was a mistake. The...
  5. Thread: Darkest pick

by Eclectic1
    Replies
    Views

Re: Darkest pick

Thanks for so much great council. I put on D/A Monel strings and was amazed at the difference, they definitely toned down the brightness, I hear the mids much more and it does indeed sound more...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: D'Addario Monel Strings !

I just put them on my Collings MT and I am absolutely stunned at thr difference this has made. I love them so far. (Just on for one day). I was struggling with the brightness. I like a dryer...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

This is really very cool!
  8. Replies
    Views

Thankful for this forum

I made my first post a few months ago lamenting my costly error of buying a Collings MT and the how the v neck was causing hand pain and was not working for me. I got all kinds of great feedback...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Nerve pain in my finger

Nerve pain can originate somewhere else where the nerve is compressed or irritated. Could originate in you neck or shoulder. Best bet is to get it evaluated and address where it’s comimg from. ...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: pre 1900 bohm style waldzither mandola?

Wow ! These responses are stunning. Thank you all for this invaluable information. We were all guessing. So this instrument has come back from the shop. As suggested we replaced the broken glass...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: First post.. expensive mistake.

Ha !! No I don’t but I loved that last line because he was sooo right. Just a gender error. The dynamic was spot on though
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: First post.. expensive mistake.

No this is not a little guitar! I have been doing on line lesions and position lessons but serious lessons will help immensely. I think that the clincher was how much more natural that Weber neck...
  13. Replies
    Views

First post.. expensive mistake.

Reposting without the rule breach. SO with the necks this is common ? I played violin as a kid so I thought this would be easier than it is.

First let me thank this group. You have no idea...