Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: OME Dating

by Pappyrich
    Replies
    Views

Re: OME Dating

Reach out to OME and ask. I know the business is for sale, but they might still be around to answer your question.
  2. Re: Replacement washer for James tailpiece.

PM me with your address and I'll mail you some.
  3. Re: Buying an instrument you have never played

I've never gotten the opportunity to play a mandolin prior to purchasing it - all the ones I've had were bought online from: The Mandolin Store, Elderly Instruments, Greg Boyd's House of Fine...
  4. Replies
    Views

Merry Christmas

С Новым Годом и c Рождеством
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Devastating floods in Kentucky

Michael Johnathon (of Woodsongs Old-Time Radio Hour) has started another instrument donation drive (as he did for the Western KY tornado victims).https://www.woodsongs.com/flood/ That is the most...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: aging fingers just can't cut it anymore

I am a few years older than you. I have noticed that I am slowing down and probably can't quite play as accurately as I used to especially at break neck speeds. OTOH I think you might just give...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: gaining speed advice

This video by fiddle player Kevin Burke has helpful tips on building speed - while he plays irish trad music the advice would be applicable to any genre of music that you wish to build speed in. The...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko

He was also proud of his Ukrainian heritage, especially poignant this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xewxt-BKarc
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Okay, I honestly need to know...

If grousing about Site Policies and the merits of protecting Artist royalties and livelihood are a huge preoccupation for you, perhaps there are other places on the Internet that can provide for your...
  10. Re: Single Note Melody - Is mandolin "easier?"

I assume you're referring to the Irishman's Shanty lyrics, or the Paddy and the Rats mash-up (a Hungarian Celtic-punk band?? Evidence of global cultural cross-pollination!).

I would venture...
  11. Replies
    Views

Marty Stuart solo mando Tom Petty cover

Hi all, forgive me if this was posted elsewhere- I searched and didn't see it, but man, the title of the threat says it all.

Solo mandolin shred Tom Petty cover.

Marty, that's awesome. ...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Full Contact Bridge?

I bought a mandolin which I think is one of the Pango brand, as seen on ebay.
    The difference in tone was immediately recognized. Definitely to the positive.
    I am a sure believer in them. Make...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Full Contact Bridge?

I always fit my keepers with a full contact base, I like it as it does lighten the bridge load and if you have an old mandolin or the like after time from the base feet pressing on the top, it'll...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Preamp Question

The impedance issue is overblown in my experience. In the 70s we plugged our Barcus-Berry violin pickups straight into the Twin Reverb. The feared "quack" is mainly the pickup reproducing what the...
  15. Thread: Preamp Question

by Perry
    Replies
    Views

your answer

https://www.fire-eye.com/new-page
  16. Thread: Preamp Question

by CES
    Replies
    Views

I’m a neophyte when it comes to amplification, but I’ve used the LR Baggs Venue DI with good results on guitar (LR Baggs M1) and mando (Rigel CT-110 with internal piezo, not sure of the brand). New...
  17. Replies
    Views

Hi Bob,

Sounds like you need a pre-amp with sufficient headroom and boost to cover your passive and active options.

We've tried working out a workflow during the lockdown period. For...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: TI Single Strings

Just Strings - https://www.juststrings.com/mandolinthomastikinfeldmandolinfamilysinglestrings.html

Recently got some spare Stark E for my Coombe.

(Update) - sorry missed the need for mandola....
  19. Replies
    Views

I think strings and beyond or just strings sell singles. Might have to contact them for mandola strings though.
  20. Replies
    Views

Don’t know about singles, but I have a complete set of 174s I can’t use. Bought them by mistake for my OM. PM me, if you’re interested. I’ll make you a good deal.
  21. Thread: O.M.'s

by ColdBeerGoCubs
    Replies
    Views

Re: O.M.'s

Living in Chicago should be punishment enough.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Reunion Blues A/F Bags

Generally when minus the scroll & lap point A in an F Case has extra space..
    When I lived in SFO in the 80's , a friend was their leather cutter, they were in the Mission district.
    he got ...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Replacement Grover Buttons

Mine came from All Parts. You may have to call to ask.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Replacement Grover Buttons

I've used a bunch of these ebony buttons for Grover mini's on some mando's. Here is their link for Grover in general.
  25. Thread: Bela!

by Dale Ludewig
    Replies
    Views

Re: Bela!

Oh My.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4