Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. New Podcast - "At the Crossroads" with Paddy Cummins

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me posting this here. On the back of my previous radio show which finished at the end of 2018, I have now started up a new podcast available on Acast and Spotify.
  2. Thread: What is Groove?

by Paahto
    Replies
    Views

Re: What is Groove?

I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if I'm repeating someone's sentiment. My explanation of groove is thus:

Whilst "time", "rhythm", and "beat" are definable, quantifiable terms,...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Wooden Irish Flute

My two cents:

A wooden flute gives significantly more scope for playing in every style of Irish music you would want. A radcliffe or Boehm doesn't. Yes Carty and Taylor played good stuff on the...
  4. Re: New Celtic music podcast: "Music at the Crossroads"

Excellent idea Jill. Keep your ears peeled ;-)

And I'm thrilled to hear you're enjoying the show. Knowing that there's appreciative listeners makes it so worth it and makes me strive to provide a...
  5. New Celtic music podcast: "Music at the Crossroads"

Hi all,

I started a new Celtic music (mostly Irish) podcast last month. I do a live show on Dublin South FM every Tuesday evening at 6pm GMT. The podcasts go up on MixCloud a day or two after.
  6. Re: What's going on stateside between 26th Sept & early Novemeber

Great Charlie. Thanks a million for that information. I'll certainly use it when I get to the city.
  7. Replies
    Views

Practice video: Soldier's Joy

Hi all,

First upload. Learning bluegrass since December. Please advise me on areas needing improvement. My breaks have a long way to go I know.

I'm linking to YouTube. Is that the handiest way...
  8. Replies
    Views

Tony Rice All-Star [video - 1 hour long]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifzAwQrhFwQ

Maybe I'm late to the party. Maybe not. Great viewing for any bluegrass fans and, for those interest in specifically mandolin, plenty of Sam Bush and...
  9. Re: What song, Album, Musician changed your perspective on music?

It can be difficult to pinpoint a specific album, song/tune or musician and, in the Irish traditional music sphere, there have been countless moments that have changed my perspective over the years....