Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Interesting case candy, Thile Rookie Card?

I recently bought a mandolin here in the classifieds. To my delight this was tucked away between some spare string sets. 160841 160842. I'd never seen one before. I assume these were included inside...
  2. Replies
    Views

Red Diamond #75

Yesterday I had the pleasure of playing a wedding inside the WV State Capital. Beautiful picture of the Red Diamond boasting some awesome WV red spruce.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Newly installed Schaller tuners

Well I finished up the install of the Grandtunes. I must say they are a huge improvement over the old Schallers. Now that I've got new Evo frets, thanks to John Hamlet, and tuners that will hold tune...
  4. Replies
    Views

My wife is the best ever!

We had took a trip up to Acoustic Musis Works back around Thanksgiving and I had fell in love with this MT Mandola. I had communicated back and forth with Steve since then trying to work out a...
  5. Replies
    Views

A style suspension answer

Thought I'd share this. I like many others find it hard to permanently alter a nice mandolin with a strap button. I've been trying different methods of tying around the body and head stock and...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Who uses CNC tops and backs?

This is a discussion that resonates and is argued in my field of profession, prosthetics. In our practice we are 90% cad/cam for casting, modify the model in cad software and then CNC to carve a...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Found a Diamond in the rough!

The wait was over Thursday. I got the mandolin back from Mr. MacRostie. It came back with a clean bill of health. He looked it over inside and out and found no structural issues. He had to fit a new...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Found a Diamond in the rough!

Yea I get the no added value, actually when flipped over and saw the writting I thought who'd do that! Just have the guy sign a shirt or something. Just seems odd that if purchased in a charity...
  9. Replies
    Views

Found a Diamond in the rough!

We made the three hour drive to the Bee 3 Vintage show today. It was good day, came home with a Red Diamond A! Its number 75, its been around a time or two. the strings are darn near rusted and the...
  10. Replies
    Views

New to me Pava

I was fortunate enough to snatch up one of the Pavas that was for sell in the classifieds last week. Wow! is an understatement. I do believe this will be the best mandolin I will ever buy for less...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Another Saga AM-10 kit assembled

Sounds and looks great! Good idea about removing some thickness off the heel. That would lighten the overall instrument. Sounds like you've chosen the same finish that I have. You will probably...
  12. Replies
    Views

Saga Kit the Collins model

I know this has been done countless times on here, but I had to show it off. I built a mountain dulcimer many years ago that I still cherish. This is my second attempt at any type of instrument and...