Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Arm rest a good aid for begginers?

So Americans have a love of the superfluous? Seems to me that you're being a bit condescending and snobbish here, not to mention over-generalizing. It's pretty ironic, too, since 5 of the 6...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: What I hate most about mandolin

Tim Obrien says "mandolin" is an old Italian word that translates into "needs tuning".

Or,the old axiom,"Mandolin players spend half their time tuning;and the other half playing out of tune."
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New pickmaker (new to me)

Well, got the EML casein small triangle in yesterday. First impression, I really like the sound of the casein material. Feel is nice too. The points are a bit sharper than I expected, sharper than my...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Undiscovered Loar

Gruhn Guitars is happy to provide additional photos and information upon request.

This Loar-signed F-5 has no top cracks, or any other cracks.

Photos attached.

5. Replies
    Views

After seeing this thread, I was curious to try the PEEK version. PEEK is typically extremely hard and rigid. It's used for medical devices and structural parts and has even been made into ballistic...
  6. Replies
    Views

I have two of his casein picks and they have become my go to. One for mandolin and one for Gypsy guitar rhythm. I've sold my BCs and my Red Bears. Eric's bevel was perfect right out of the pouch...