Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: pick question

Based on the dark tone you are looking for, I would consider the D'Addario Pro Plec. They are 1.5 mm thick so they are a thick pick, but they are very smooth and provide a nice dark tone. Mike...
  2. Replies
    Views

My new and first Mandolin!

Hello here are some photos of my new Mandolin, which is my very first Mandolin.
    It is a APC 154C, it come with a free APC case, which fits the shape of the instrument perfectly with a neat little...
  3. Re: Best Old Time Intruction for Intermediate Player

You don't need no stinking instructions for old time! Just learn the tunes!
  4. Mandolin Pick Comparison - 28 picks under $3 each

Hi friends,

I had a rainy Saturday at home this weekend and I started wondering how much difference pick choices made in the sound that an audience member hears through a microphone. I decided to...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: help me find a mandolin please.

The problem with most an import under $300 is going to be will stand up to a pro set up so it is easy for you to play. Now the problem with that is you might spend up to $100 to get one set up. So...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: New "The Loar LM-600-VS"

There you have it, F5loar:

Thanks every body for your kind words.

I know itīs kind of "too good" for a first mandolin, just to see if I like it. But I play some other instruments, and...
  7. Replies
    Views

New "The Loar LM-600-VS"

Here it is, my new (and first) mandolin! Iīm loving it.

Since I canīt find a newbies presentation sub-forum, Iīll use this one to say -Hello!- to everybody. My name is Jorge (George) and...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: How to set up a mandolin

You can ask for a copy from rob.meldrum@gmail.com.
  9. Replies
    Views

How to set up a mandolin

His is a free e book by Rob Meldrum. I've found it pretty useful. (I have a JBovier solidbody and a crafter ovation copy, so the work you do on the bridge doesnt apply to me. A nevertheless, it's...