Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

Excellent, Frank, I admire the feeling you’re able to put across in these waltzes.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: more Mark O'Connor Mandocello

Gosh, the 'cello sounds gorgeous in that space. the player ain't bad either. :))
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Ribbon Microphone for Recording Mandolin

I have a NoHype Audio LRM-2 I like a lot - high-quality and affordable:
    http://nohypeaudio.com/nhaproducts.htm

Sounds like you know already, but don't forget ribbons pick up as much in the back...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Really nice work, John.

For those of us who don't know, what is reaction wood?
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Easiest to learn DAW

Hey DaveG, if you had any experience with recording or live sound consoles, give Harrison Mixbus a try. It's a very intuitive interface for old "tapeheads" like me, the instructional videos are very...
  6. Re: Are you ready for a new Carbon/Kevlar Sorensen mandolin?

…and after watching the (extremely addicting) Easy Composites video series, kudos as well, Steve. I can only sort of imagine the hours spent researching, reformulating and lying awake at night to go...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Newbie Builds an Electric Mandolin

Nice. Cherry's a really fine neck and body wood choice.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Heart of the Heartland by Peter Ostroushko

Actually John, I noticed that too, and I'm on a robust fibre connection. Must be an issue with the server host.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Music from Central France

Slight regional deviation ... listening to all this great stuff reminds me of when I first moved to Barcelona. I got turned on to an iconoclastic group called Kalakau, who, along with hurdy-gurdy...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: PLEASE! A few Mandola pieces

Although not in the Joe Walsh/Shlapanitsa/TM Sweeney league, I did a track a while ago in which I used the John Reischman trick of octave-stringing my dola, meaning it's still in CGDA, but I...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Tell me about Wernick Method Jam Camp

Doesn't get better than that, Sue, I'm really happy it was such a positive experience.
  12. Thread: NMD Girouard A4

by bbcee
    Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Girouard A4

Great tone and playing! Enjoy it for many, many years.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Salt Creek Breakdown

Agreed, and sorry I haven’t mentioned it earlier, Matt- nice job all around. Thank you for providing all of this great material and instruction!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Any experience with Gatti mandolins?

Just wanted to add, slightly tardy, that I just today received my new Gatti F5. The whole process was a pleasure, and Massimo was excellent to work with. He has a definite thing he's going for, which...
  15. Thread: Rigel Q95 BUILD

by bbcee
    Replies
    Views

Re: Rigel Q95 BUILD

Hello Mollina, I think this might answer your question:
    http://rigelinstruments.com/publish/tour.shtml

Wishing you many happy years with your Q95!
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: My latest build: An orpharion

Thanks as always for the glimpse into what came before, and how they influenced modern designs - fanned frets aren't a new innovation, obviously. :) Was this the request of a client, or just you...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Is it worth repairing?

I traded a Washington with BRW back & sides plus a Stromberg-Voisinet cant-top for the three-point F4 copy I now have & love. But that Washington was great! Loud and very toneful. I'd get another one...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Different and great, Jo! These must have been a gas to work on. Did you have any direction for your parts, or was it, "Go nuts"?
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: gaining speed advice

+1 Jill, absolutely my experience as I've been working at upping my speed. It's critical to learn good habits when starting out, but there's also excess stuff you bring along from the "slower you" as...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: solid mando practice setup?

I used to use an Apogee Jam plugged into my iPhone, with the BIAS Amp amp collection. Worked pretty well for electric guitar (not that you need an Orange amp or anything!), the clean tones were very...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Breaking into Mandola...by mandolin?

Hi Joe, I followed a similar path. After playing mandolin for a while, I got more & more curious about dolas, but wasn't sure if I could change over to CGDA. I got a funky French double-top...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Norman Blake Tunes

Don & I did a version of Georgia Home for the Song of the Week social group, and I thought to post it here to pop the thread back up. I'm playing on my Rigel first time around, then Don plays that...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: My latest build: a baroque mandolin

How's the chop on this one, Jo (bet you've never heard that one)?

Seriously, it's a beaut, and another fascinating historical insight. Loved your Meme Medley as well, by the way! There's something...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: In Praise of Matt Flinner's Classes

+1 to the above, and thanks for posting this, Don. @Sue, you'll be really glad you signed up!

Another thing about his classes is that the second one is indeed a review, but is also in normal...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

That 2-point's got it all going on, Skip!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4