Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Three Min Thile.

by 55bar
    Replies
    Views

Three Min Thile.

Hi all not played my mandolin for around a year too busy with my guitar. Anyhow i though since it was easter and i'm home alone id transcribe some Thile. This seems to be the most reqested tune, so i...
  2. Replies
    Views

St Anne never sounded this good!

Ok, hyperbole, but I really like this. Joe Walsh is one of my favorite mandolinists and Courtney Hartman is spectacular. I am seriously considering Joe's Peghead Nation course. Maybe this should...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Running playlists

I include Andy Statman's Uman and the Carolina Chocolate Drops Genuine Negro Jig and Snowden's Jig (no mando just banjo). I also think some of Compton and Long's songs off Stomp are great for a...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile on Jimmy Fallon

I'm ending this discussion and would like to express my deep disappointment with a few comments I've read. How some of you justify an anonymous public attack on another individual's character having...
  5. Replies
    Views

I just saw Chris play solo - his mostly Bach show, have seen duets with Edgar Meyer playing new acoustic, Michael Daves playing hardcore brothers style bluegrass, and Mike Marshall playing every...
  6. Replies
    Views

I know a lot of mandolin players on the planet. I know a lot of people that have played with Chris. I know a lot of people that have done business with him. I know the people well that have...
  7. Replies
    Views

I think it's probably really hard to be so gifted. I'm not much of a Thile fan, actually; but in his defense, I think it's easy to mistake someone as being "full of themselves" when they're really...
  8. Re: Tab Request- "Golden Ticket" by The Stringdusters

Alright Zach, you owe me a big lobster tail the next time I come to Charleston.:grin:

Food for thought.... This is a very difficult piece. Lots of possible pitfalls for the aspiring...