Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone knows what this is?

I've purposely stayed out of this hoping Jim or someone else would have a catalog page. The body depth is reminiscent of some Mexican instruments I've seen, the neck profile looks more like it was...
  2. Replies
    Views

MandoNina: I thought you were in CA but I now see you are in Costa Rica. It may be possible that it was built locally near there? However it does not look like it was too new but could be another...
  3. Replies
    Views

Looks like there used to be an oval sticker on the back of the headstock. My thought was also European with the deep body and two piece heel.

Looks to be of nice quality. The elevated fingerboard...
  4. Replies
    Views

Those little chenille "wraps" around the ends of strings, supposedly either to reduce unwanted "extra" overtones, or to protect strings from being severed by sharp tailpiece edges, used to be fairly...
  5. Replies
    Views

The only clue I can see is the tailpiece which are typical of German hardware and are often engraved Marcelli. The deeper body I have seen on European mandolins that are often labelled Portuguese...
  6. Replies
    Views

Interesting tuners, w/ no sign of a screw or rivet holding the gear to the peg. Are they one piece, or is the gear pressed on? No expert here, but I've never seen gears with such totally flat backs...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Process of learning a classical tune

J. C.: your clarifying what your musical background and experience makes a big difference. I think many of us were assuming a deep dive into classical playing on a serious level. A lot may apply...
  8. Replies
    Views

I still say look for patterns: let's say the piece begins with a rising scalar figure (as in C E F A or Do Mi Fa La..); then what? Does it come back down, or extend at the higher range? Does it do a...
  9. Replies
    Views

Here's one idea that might help, but first a caution about "learning by ear" if you mean just listening to a recording. Listening to a recording leaves you with the impression "that's how it goes,"...
  10. Re: Looking to upgrade from first, but Eastman?

A used Rigel A Natural might do it for you, OP. My Eastman experience was that I eschewed them for years. Got new MD-515 from TMS and couldn't be more thrilled. Fits my hand much more easily than...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking to upgrade from first, but Eastman?

I had an Eastman 315 that I thought was very good. It had maybe 75-80% of the tone and just as much volume as a Collings MT I had at the same time. The MT was definitely better, but that 315 held up...
  12. Replies
    Views

The second mandolin you get should be the last mandolin you will ever need. I have done this several times now.
  13. Replies
    Views

If your budget limit is $1000 because that is what you can afford to spend, then my comments are entirely irrelevant and you can ignore the rest of the comments. You are on a good track without me.
  14. Re: Can anyone please share some thoughts on the Eastman MD515CC?

If you are wondering about the strings, I would recommend you talk on the phone to Dennis at the Mandolin Store. They are very helpful, and may be able to help you select strings that will give you...
  15. Re: Can anyone please share some thoughts on the Eastman MD515CC?

I have the Eastman MD505 and I like it a lot. I think you will be pleased.
  16. Re: Can anyone please share some thoughts on the Eastman MD515CC?

I own the A-style version and I agree. The look, feel and sound of this line of Eastmans is very impressive.
  17. Re: Can anyone please share some thoughts on the Eastman MD515CC?

Small world...just picked up my first F style yesterday at The Music Emporium...an MD515cc!!!! Love to look and feel. I was never a fan of a lot of bling, and I really appreciate the natural beauty...
  18. Re: Can anyone please share some thoughts on the Eastman MD515CC?

Yes, what pops1 says. They’re nice mandolins, enjoy!!
  19. Re: Can anyone please share some thoughts on the Eastman MD515CC?

I think the only difference is the contoured edge for comfort. Should be the same otherwise. Enjoy.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap Recommendation

Lakota leathers puts out some really nice straps. Used a flat strap all my life for guitar but, then found braided straps when I took up mandolin and haven't looked back. There's plenty of YouTube...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap Recommendation

I use a rawhide boot lace with a hangman noose on each end.
    Works for A or F style.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Live From Home

Hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx3ygQtMRKU
  23. Replies
    Views

Here's one you've all been waiting for...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QckAxsG2ozQ
  24. Replies
    Views

Nice. Keep 'em coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GtncsFR1Yg
  25. Replies
    Views

Live From Home

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK4F6sGmaL8
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4