Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: F.E. Coulter instruments

Thanks Allen. Your assumption is correct. Much of that info comes from the Cafe.
    I thought this would be the place to ask, as a number of members have (or have had) them.
  2. Re: New and recent Tenor, best than vintage Martin's and Gibson ?

Ouch! from the pac rim.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Oddities

Somebody must already have made the point that F styles must have been out of the world oddities when they first appeared.

Yeah, I didn't read the entire thread
  4. Thread: 1930 Stradolin

by AndyV
    Replies
    Views

Re: 1930 Stradolin

Well now that I've taken a look $300 seems to be the current asking.

I'm resisting the $75 Stadium on ebay.
  5. Thread: 1930 Stradolin

by AndyV
    Replies
    Views

Re: 1930 Stradolin

There seem to have been a lot of them on ebay the past few months. If the seller used those as a price guide, then they looked at the highest priced. That might be about 3x going price.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Classical Guitar to Tenor conversion questions

Of the various vintage I've had half of the "full size" 15-16" wide bodied have had "full sized" headstock. The ones with smaller heastock tend to be narrower than shorter compared to their six...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Ragtime arrangements on a Tenor Guitar

Not so I think, my compatriot. Since this discussion has turned to folk music and roots/evolution of the song; you would have learned The Travellers version with lyrics by Sid Dolgay the mandocello...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Please help to identify this mandolin?

I have a 57 Ibanez round hole archtop guitar... with gold sparkle pickguard. They made "higher-end" blingier models and mando's along the same lines.

I don't think this one's an Ibanez
  9. Re: If you always wanted one of those sunfish style mandolins

Looking at the two I can't help but see the early Simpsons (Tracey Ullman Show) and the tamed down later Simpsons drawing. Brash and then smoothed out and less likely to offend.
  10. Re: How does this happen to a 1924 A-2 at the factory?

That, or bring your kid to work day.
  11. Re: Rough and ready ... quick and dirty, electric conversion.

Nice work Fox. Reminds me of the Tombo Ukulete, kinda.182459182464
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: mandolin same tuning as a tenor banjo?

You could try tuning it in 5ths and just remove the 5th string and capo accordingly.
  13. Re: I put new strings on and positioned the bridge myself

My mother was brought up to believe that corporal punishment was motivating. Not entirely untrue, but a lot of downside.

I do agree with you. It seems I don't put a lot of time into string...
  14. Thread: Classifieds

by AndyV
    Replies
    Views

Re: Classifieds

So you all understand. I'm not complaining. Yes, I'd prefer pricing was shown on the listings page, but no matter. This was just something I was curious about.

Sometimes I shop (window shop at...
  15. Thread: Classifieds

by AndyV
    Replies
    Views

Re: Classifieds

I don't want to open the ad if it's what I'm looking for. If I'm not looking for a guitar, I don't want to look at guitar ads. If I'm not looking for an instrument priced well beyond my budget, same....
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Early Bluegrass in Canada

Have to see if they do get back together to tour, and hope they come to the west coast.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Build A Tenor Guitar

Well, it depends on what you mean by "a good tenor guitar", "a pretty penny" and "cheap enough". Then there is the hope that your luthier won't cost too much.... Definitely ask what they'll charge...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Fender Tele Tenor at NAMM

"The trouble with normal is it always gets worse."
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Fender Tele Tenor at NAMM

Oh dear, the acronym. Fender Alternate Reality Tele Tenor.
  20. Re: Beginner Seeking Advice - Guitar or Octave Mandolin?

Or tune it as a tenor guitar...?
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: The Travellers Sid Dolgay mando-cello

22. Re: In need of help identifying recent library donation.

I was saddened to see the tone the conversation had take. I've found the cafe to be such a breath of fresh air in the online world. I've mentioned this in face to face conversations; how welcoming,...
  23. Thread: Costellos tenor

by AndyV
    Replies
    Views

Re: Costellos tenor

Charley, Do you know if they were calling it Chicago tuning, or just that it was in use?

In any case this doesn't mean that some marketer didn't suggest to their retailers to use the term for the...
  24. Thread: Costellos tenor

by AndyV
    Replies
    Views

Re: Costellos tenor

A year or two ago someone on the TGR explained. He bought a tenor in the 60's when the folk craze was waning. The music store was promoting tenors guitars tuned to "Chicago tuning". The store owner...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Removing a mandoliln fret board

I've used this on a Gold Tone and on a '67 Teisco. No idea what adhesives they used, but it worked really well. I Probably goes w/o saying, but go slow.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3