Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: mandolin tattoos

**Not mando tatoo, but closely related **
    Being an industrial designer for 36 years (furniture designer currently) and fiddler/mando+guitar picker most of my life, I decided to blend the two. ...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Sound post in a sunken top Washburn

I've tried two different times to contact Washburn, but they've not responded at all. I emailed the info, pic, and receipt via their only "contact us" page. They don't give a phone number on their...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin world vs fiddle world

I like to think of it as DRIVE or PULSE. Yeah, it's "rhythmic", but in old time music there's a tune that needs to be delivered in a driving, danceable, waltzing, or lilting manner. Or with a lilt...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin world vs fiddle world

Just now seeing this thread and there are a lot of wordy posts that honestly I haven't gone through entirely. But it seems there is a lot of speculation about fiddlers, instruments, strings, bows,...
  5. Re: Did you catch the Ken Burns Country Music series opening?

This series is fantastic. I've been looking forward to it for months. The Carter family info is really interesting and amazing how influential they were. Also, I knew about cowboy movement due to...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Humidipak - WARNING

Do you REALLY think that if I had seen or heard about issues of leakage prior to this experience I would have used them in my 20+ yr old Martin?
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Humidipak - WARNING

Just had this happen INSIDE my Martin D-35 last week and in communication with D'Addario. I use a sponge in a film canister with holes and a Dampit for my mandolin, but tried this for my guitar...
  8. Replies
    Views

I just realized that Dawg is playing the banjo...

I just realized that Dawg is playing the banjo mandolin on Garcia's song on the Tribute record I'm listening to. Don't much care for the sound of a banjo mando, but dislike Jerry Garcia's yodel even...