Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: New Washburn 'Timeless' F-5

I noticed these instruments as well and was curios. I'm glad I held off and waited for reviews from folks that have/had actually purchased one as I couldn't be any happier with my F-style Timeless. ...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb acquired by Etsy...

I too have grab the odd, small item on Reverb and have wowed at what looks like some very good deals time to time but just can't pull the trigger on an instrument I haven't laid my hands on.
    It the...
  3. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Ford marketing Chevy branded cars isn't the same thing here really; not in regards to why Gibson is going after Dean. Dean isn't slapping "Gibson" on the headstock of their instruments but Gibson...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson F5C - Korina back and sides

Haha...looks like we're much of the same mind on Korina :)
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson F5C - Korina back and sides

Korina is from Africa, at times referred to Limba (just Limba or Black Limba/White Limba) I think the appearance, or the disfavor of its appearance rather is likely due to it being on the plain side...
  6. Replies
    Views

Reverb acquired by Etsy...

I had heard through the grapevine that this was coming (the sale of Reverb...not the specific buyer) but it was announced this morning. $275 million cash deal.
    I've used Reverb on the rarest of...
  7. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

I wasn't there either but I'm afraid this isn't a chicken and egg scenario; the LP came long after The App and is a derivative of the earlier guitar Gibson was shown; a solid-bodied, arched-top...
  8. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Gibson proudly displaying their original instruments at this years Summer NAMM :whistling:

9. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Gibson did not create the "Les Paul" body shape. O. W. Appleton did...poor guy even presented it to Gibson who told him they couldn't imagine someone playing a solid body electric and then proceeded...
  10. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

My post #265 details how they tried but were unsuccessful at trademarking the F-body shape...
  11. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

177922 Circa 1840
    177924 Circa 1895

I can even go 100yrs earlier, into the mid 1700's and find the "open book" that Gibson copied :disbelief:
  12. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Hi Bernie,

In those days, as I suppose these days as well; a letter as such from a large scale business to a small scale business can be frightening to say the least. I don't know that Gibson...
  13. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

I guess I've been around the M.I business side of things so long that I thought the Gibson/Flatiron story was just common knowledge. I know I've heard it first hand a number of time...Gibson and...
  14. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Sadly this is not so (Gibson not enforcing their mando trademarks). I recall I believe it was Ren Ferguson reminiscing about how Flatiron came to an end (and he came to Gibson employ) after a...
  15. Mando Acquisition Syndrome and the Mandocello

Howdy folks,

New to the forum as a poster but a long time lurker...

I have a question that I'm sure I already know the answer to. Coming first from fiddling as a young fellow, where I,...