Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Dillion mandolins?

With a decent set up they are a fair value for the money. I had the 335 style for a while.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Dillion mandolins?

I've checked them out online a few times but nothing in person. They appear to be what they are and aside from setup and maybe electronics work should be fine if the price is right.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: What's GDAE and audible in a session?

National RM-1 mandolin. No problem being heard and they can be quite expressive.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Big Muddy Morning

Nice! My first mandolin was a Mid-Missouri M0. I still have it, and this makes me want to pull it out. I've been focusing on the Gibson Snakehead I bought last year, but I learned a lot on that M0. I...
  5. Replies
    Views

I love Big Muddy mandolins, especially "jumbos" ! I can't imagine anyone any better to work with than Mike Dulak! He is tops! Besides, anyone who is loved by a hound and loves a hound, just has to...
  6. Replies
    Views

You've got me thinking about my M-15 :mandosmiley:

BTW NFI there is a bargain M-4 in the classifieds right now.
  7. Replies
    Views

I have an M-11 that I really love. I would have to say it is the least finicky instrument in my stable. Stays in tune forever, great intonation, doesn't require any special considerations to sound...
  8. Replies
    Views

Indeed!
  9. Replies
    Views

It is a great Life, and what a great way to start the Day!

Just got a Big Muddy Mandolin a few weeks ago.
    Spruce top, walnut back and sides, and mahogany neck.
    It is well built, and it looks,...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett

For sure. So come on Greg, write a song about wastin' away in Minnesnowda, searching for your lost tater tot casserole recipe, or something like that. :))
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Preamp VS Booster Pedal

I alternate between mandolin and a guitar bodies octave mandolin. I plug into a ToneDexter with a wireless Xvive transmitter system. I use a wavemap for the mandolin and bypass for the octave since...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett

Bloody hell. :disbelief::(:crying:

There's plenty of mandolin content,actually. And I'll do what I can to provide some, and some context.

Besides the fact that the music scene he helped to...
  13. Replies
    Views

I too often play guitar and mandolin however, interestingly enough, I plug into the same channel and then I can just tweak the tone knob for EQ. It takes a second to tweak the tone knob and the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Monte is correct, The Fishman Loudbox amp's instrument channel has the preamp built in. I would try going straight to the amp first and see how it sounds. It may end up being the most natural...
  15. Replies
    Views

You will not be sorry with the Red Eye. I always recommend the Red Eye Twin as it has more features and allows silent tuning by switching to the unused channel.

At $295 its a steal. I had a Grace...
  16. Replies
    Views

Any circuit that gives some kind of EQ is important. I find myself adjusting a bit in different venues.

My favorite is the Tech 21 Q-Strip EQ and Preamp Pedal
  17. Replies
    Views

If you have a transducer you need a preamp with a million ohms input impedance. If your instrument has a battery and volume controls it can go straight into most anything as it has a preamp already....
  18. Replies
    Views

i have to agree with mr. greenspoon i live and die by my l.r.baggs venue and have to say none of any of the other one's sound any better or worse. although the venue is
    a good way to sculp your...
  19. Replies
    Views

I have an older Loudbox, and it does amplify the K&K inside my MD-515 nicely. That said, IMO piezos will always be well served by sculpting the sound with a good preamp and EQ. I used to love my old...
  20. Replies
    Views

All of the Fishman Loudbox series amps have either 5MOhm or 10MOhm input impedances on the 1/4 inch jacks, according to the manuals. They work great with NO preamp (at least with K&K transducers) and...
  21. Replies
    Views

Because impedance is not really a resistive measurement it takes a special meter to measure it. That's why I say to look it up in the technical specs. 43K is not high enough. The Fishman loudbox uses...
  22. Replies
    Views

A "preamp" is generally for matching the ultra-high impedance of the pickup to the lower impedance spec of the input of what you are plugging into. Some preamps have a boost circuit, which has...
  23. Tina Turner, Nov 26, 1939 – May 24, 2023 RIP

Sad news, but what an incredible, amazing performer!
    Tina Turner lives on!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/24/tina-turner-legendary-rocknroll-singer-dies-aged-83
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: I can’t find The Blues in my Mandolin

For me, the mandolin's sliding tremoloed doublestops are the element that replaces bends.

Michael Daves demostrates.

https://youtu.be/eTe71PBiyAE
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: I can’t find The Blues in my Mandolin

This may help. I did this video a long time ago.
    https://youtu.be/6VPlos0ECTs
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4