Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Harvard Musical IQ

Hey folks! I recently stumbled across the Harvard music IQ test and was pleasantly surprised by their measurement methods. It's actually three separate tests measuring rhythm, pitch recognition, and...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue chip picks

The initial purchase stings, but here's a couple of major benefits:

1. You'll hold yourself more accountable knowing you can no longer blame the pick for any insufficiencies in your tone (that was...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Question for Experienced Players

There's a British journalist named Emma John who wrote a book about her trip to North Carolina and her first exposure to bluegrass jams. The first thing she noticed was the 'competitive' aspect of...
  4. Re: Gender and age distribution of mando players

I think there are a fair amount of female mando players out there, but the discussion of why we don't see more professional female mandolin players is a whole different discussion. To be clear, I...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Wireless in-ear monitors

Honestly I wish there were more affordable options for IEMs, but unfortunately I've heard nightmarish stories about many of the lower-priced options. I cannot stress how devastating it is when your...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: The master’s hands

A while back I heard John Reischman say something along the lines of "I just heard a sound that I liked in my head and then figured out a way to make that sound come out of my mandolin." I've often...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: One Mandolin - forever...

There's definitely an element of familiarity that comes into play with the mandolin. Once you get used to the way a certain mandolin feels it's hard to play anything that feels different. I played an...