Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Green Mountain Bluegrass

I was there too! This was my third year - I look forward to this festival all year. Agree about the size - it is perfect. Feels like a gathering of friends, and that includes the artists.

There...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: How to search through a big PDF?

If this is the case, one option is to run the PDF through OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software, which will make images of text searchable. It isn't perfect, and the accuracy of your results...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: How to remember tunes?

I agree with a lot of the suggestions here. I think it's best to internalize the piece first, then learn how to play it on your instrument. A book I have, "The Musician's Way" suggests using a piano...
  4. Re: 1 hour 11 min of Mandolin Orange-Green Mountain Bluegrass

I posted this on another thread a while ago, but I was there for this set. Found a Blue Chip Pick on the ground during the set, too! Was really looking forward to GMBR 2020... I hope the festival can...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Live from Here is no more

Ugh... just saw the post from Thile on twitter and came here.... Very sad about this. Thile and Live from Here/Prairie Home Companion made me love music again after feeling burned out for while....
  6. Re: How to approach practicing and improvement?

Check out the book The Musician's Way by Gerald Klickstein (Amazon link). For me it had great advice on structuring practice and how to approach learning difficult pieces. Applicable to any...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Jake Workman, new album Landmark

Jake has posted seven tabs from Landmark on his site for purchase at $5 each.

https://jakeworkman.com/store?category=TABS
  8. Re: Celebrating The Mandolin Pickers Guide to Bluegrass Improvisa

After playing the guitar for 30 years, I decided to take up the mandolin a few months ago. I got a bunch of mandolin books from the library, but The Mandolin Pickers Guide to Bluegrass Improvisation...
  9. Replies
    Views

I asked Jake on Instagram and he said the plan right now is for guitar only, though he may decide to add mandolin and banjo parts later.
  10. Replies
    Views

I don’t know which instruments will be included, and unfortunately I can’t find where Jake mentioned it.

I learned Salty Flatt in mandolin - lots of fun to play. Working on Down in the Dirt on...
  11. Replies
    Views

It's a great album - I also saw via Jake's Instagram that a book of transcriptions is in the works.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: "Dark" Fiddle Tunes?

I gravitate toward dark sounding music as well, so I can't wait to check out all the tunes posted here. Here's one I've been really into lately, and one that's fun to play: The Boxing Reels by Jeremy...
  13. Re: Live From Here - Is There a Better Music Show ANYWHERE?

I was aware of the old PHC show, and even attended one with my family, in the early 90s I think, mainly because my parents loved listening to the Lake Wobegon segments, but I never listened as an...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Orange on today Show

I was there for this set at GMBR 2019! I first became aware of MO the previous summer when they were in the lineup for the first GMBR festival. I wasn’t able to make it that year but started...