Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: looking for a travel mando

A gal showed up with a little travel mando from Montana Lutherie at last week's get together.

Cute little thing. In the $500 range. Looks like you can order a wide nut. NFI

2. Replies
    Views

Re: Not seeing embedded videos

I frequently get the black screen on embedded videos.

I generally view the Café in Internet Explorer. If I copy the URL and paste it into Firefox, I can view the video there. Not...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Soft Picks ?

Not entirely sure how I stumbled across these, but I picked up a set of Mick's Picks at Guitar Center one day (NFI). They are a composite felt that is, to my limited experience, absolutely nothing...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Are Eastmans a keeper?

Are Eastmans a keeper?

Mine (MD315) ain't going nowhere.

If there is a shortcoming with this instrument it's the fool who's playing it. I firmly disagree with the 'you need to spend at least...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Question about The Mandolin Store

Free shipping is usually "ground" and takes ~7-10 days.

If you're on pins and needles waiting for something, those ~7-10 days last approximately 1 Eternity...
  6. Re: "Hey What Can I Do" Led Zeppelin Mandolin Tutorial

Hey Andrew, really great stuff! I like your teaching style.

FYI - some of us on here only see embedded YouTube videos as a black box so you might want to also include a direct link like so:
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Crack in the back. Any advice?

I seem to recall seeing a video on StewMac where he used #10 cyanoacrylate to fix a chip on a guitar. The #10 is super thin and can work its way into small cracks by capillary action. Might work in...
  8. Re: LH Technique / Finger-span / Thumb Position

1. 9.5"
    2. If my pinky is on the 7th would use 3rd finger for the sixth fret, if 3rd finger is on 5th would use pinky on the sixth fret
    3. Thumb usually points toward headstock, never on the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Don't look at your fingers!

I think that if you sing while you play, it is imperative to be able to play without looking at your fingers.

If you are singing into a microphone while you are playing, you can glance down at...