Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: If You Had A Gibson Lloyd Loar Mandolin

I'd put that sucker up for sale.

I've plunked on 4 or 5 "Loars" (F5s) over the years and none of them particularly did much for me. Sure isn't my holy grail.

(& I'd immediately take...
  2. Re: Matt Flinner's Online Mandolin Course Review: Jazz/Swing

I'll echo everyone else-- the swing class was fantastic-- just wish there were more great resources to work on that stuff.

Just started his Bluegrass 101 playing in position/double stops. I think...
  3. Re: Matt Flinner's Online Mandolin Course Review: Jazz/Swing

I've taken 101 & 102...see my previous posts. Loved them...Matt is a great teacher.
  4. Re: Matt Flinner's Online Mandolin Course Review: Jazz/Swing

Matt's Swing Mandolin class was just what I was hoping for plus a whole lot more. I wanted to learn some basic jazz rhythm comping chords, and the approach in the lessons was great. The info to...
  5. Re: Matt Flinner's Online Mandolin Course Review: Jazz/Swing

I elected to take the Appalachian Mandolin class which Matt taught at the same time as the jazz/swing class. I am a big jazz fan, but thought the jazz/swing class might prove difficult for me...
  6. Re: Matt Flinner's Online Mandolin Course Review: Jazz/Swing

Just wanted to say that Matt L. described the course experience really well. Taking this course definitely has made me a better musician and added color to my playing. Matt Flinner worked very had...
  7. Re: Matt Flinner's Online Mandolin Course Review: Jazz/Swing

I agree with Matt, the class was excellent. I can honestly say that I would not have known a ii-V-I turnaround if it hit me in the face before the class. Now I'm finding them everywhere! For me...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: The winner of the Collings MT2 Giveaway

Thank you all for the congratulations! She's definitely going to a good home. I was so surprised to find my wit has landed me in something other than hot water. :mandosmiley: